• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Status Conference

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? MD

I have a question. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. NCP filed for a downward modification 10/06 after a modification order was made 9/06. Because CSE would not open the case because of the prior order just being modified, he filed through the courts. Then he never served me. Fast forward to recently I received a motion to appear at a status conference on July 10. I spoke with CSE yesterday at NCP’s hearing for nonsupport and criminal contempt and they told me they would not be coming to the July 10 hearing since it was filed through the court. In the meantime, he had the motion for reduction reissued and now I have been served. The attorney for CSE told me to write down all my questions and have all my financial and medical information so I could question him myself. The judge imputed him an income last year of 40,000 but he’s requesting a reduction on the basis of making only 500.00 per week and having a previous order for 1140.00 for child support. His other daughter’s mother and I are friendly and she told me that her order is only 676.00 monthly. Can I obtain this information from the equity dept and would this be helpful? He will likely bring up approximately 10,000 raised for child from school fundraiser but my YTD income is only 6,000 because of caring for life threatening illness of child. He is trying for a reduction for support for his older child as well and on that paper he overstated his obligation to my daughter (which he plead guilty of not paying on both cases). His other child’s CP will be flying in to attend this hearing, and she would like for us to get together and compare notes, I am all for helping but don’t want to wind up with a reduction if she goes in first and gets hers increased. She and her husband began paperwork for adoption but NCP refused to sign it unless she dropped arrearages. She really doesn’t need the support but since he won’t sign she says “I’ll stick it to him”. I really do need the support, my child has had 3 brain surgeries this year, is still in diapers at 7 years old and although it’s looking better, she will need care for the rest of her life. Basically, I hope someone will help me to come up with questions and arguments to oppose a reduction. Thank you,

Special Mom

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">