• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step Mom w/ questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

StepMom20

I am in Texas and just recently got married to a man (in the army) with 3 boys. his ex is greedy and a theif. if they have a set CS, and she find out that we are married, can she take him to court for more CS now that he is being paid more now that we are married. :confused:

keyzblewz

Uh, yes, she can take him back to court. His children are entitled to a portion of any increase in salary that he might get. What I don't understand is this...has he gotten married and not told his children? Is he keeping his children at arms length, not including them in important aspects of his life, such as remarriage just to keep from an increase in child support?

Phnx02

StepMom20 said:
I am in Texas and just recently got married to a man (in the army) with 3 boys. his ex is greedy and a theif. if they have a set CS, and she find out that we are married, can she take him to court for more CS now that he is being paid more now that we are married. :confused:
Funny how it's usually the new wife or G/F that questions such things while claiming the ex is "greedy and a thief".
Gosh, 3 other mouths to feed besides your own takes more money.....try doing it yourself and I'm sure you'd have a totally different persepetive on the meaning of "greediness".

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
shawna maples said:
In Texas, your marriage or your income has nothing to do w/his cs. It's based on his income alone.
However, if HIS income increases as a result of his marriage, that COULD trigger an upward modification.

RosieSue

New Spouse's Income

In the State of Texas, the NEW spouse's income is NOT taken into consideration when setting the child support amount. :D

Im With Pnx02 Its Always The New Wife Or Girlfirnd Looking And Its Always The Ex Whos Crazy And A Thief Wait Till The Shoe Is On The Other Foot.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
RosieSue said:
In the State of Texas, the NEW spouse's income is NOT taken into consideration when setting the child support amount. :D
And that isn't even her question. She asked if the exc can get an increase because "he is being paid more". The answer is yes, possibly.

Support our troops supporting their children

A soldier may receive increased pay due to an increase in rank, combat pay, change in family status, etc.

All of these items which may result in additional total income/compensation for your spouse will be considered if an increase in support is sought by his ex.

For example, a soldier that lives with no other dependants will usually be housed on base or given an allowance (BAH?, basic allowance for housing?) to obtain basic housing for one. A soldier with a spouse/children would have need for a larger dwelling...and would receive a larger monthly BAH payment.

Look at the bright side...I pay thousands in Health Insurance premiums/co-pays for my kids -- you get yours free (isn't your spouse ordered to pay for health coverage?) And when I get remarried, my employer will simply laugh -- I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing a BAH payment on my paystub because I snagged a lovely lady with kids.

As some of the others have posted, YOUR income will not be considered. So, show that greedy ex a thing or two -- go get yourself a job or a big fat raise; she can't touch that!

J&A

I am new here so excuse me for this comment ahead of time! YES some women are greedy thieves and some genuinely need more money for children. There is a difference and I have seen both sides of the fence. Lets assume that this woman is dealing with one that is a greedy thief before bashing her. Believe it or not these type of women do exist. I know this for a fact. For example: Ex gets increase in support, buys brand new sports car.... ex husband still drives beat up ford pick up!!! OH and kids still wearing hand me down clothes and old shoes. Lets cut this poster some slack, it isn't like every cp mother is an angel....

jacknjill

J&A said:
I am new here so excuse me for this comment ahead of time! YES some women are greedy thieves and some genuinely need more money for children. There is a difference and I have seen both sides of the fence. Lets assume that this woman is dealing with one that is a greedy thief before bashing her. Believe it or not these type of women do exist. I know this for a fact. For example: Ex gets increase in support, buys brand new sports car.... ex husband still drives beat up ford pick up!!! OH and kids still wearing hand me down clothes and old shoes. Lets cut this poster some slack, it isn't like every cp mother is an angel....

Glad someone finally spoke up, about this issue...

Just want to say that while a military member does not have to pay out of pocket for health care...it is not free...the military memeber works very hard and doesnt get paid a huge salary....in short the sacrafice they make is plenty of a price for the health insruance coverage they receive!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">