• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stepparent custody forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dudley

What is the name of your state? Michigan.
The father of my children (4) lives in Texas, paternity is established. Biological father has not contacted the children in over 6 years, children are 17, 15, 13, and 8. I was wondering if there are any legal forms to make my husband now have custody of the boys if anything happens to me that I can legally have the biological father sign, without adoption or giving up rights, so that the step father still receives child support and social security for the kids as they receive now.

Silverplum

dudley said:
The father of my children (4) lives in Texas, paternity is established. Biological father has not contacted the children in over 6 years, children are 17, 15, 13, and 8. I was wondering if there are any legal forms to make my husband now have custody of the boys if anything happens to me that I can legally have the biological father sign, without adoption or giving up rights, so that the step father still receives child support and social security for the kids as they receive now.
You want a lot, don'tcha? :rolleyes:

Use the search function of this site: I guarantee you the answer will appear within 3 seconds!

seniorjudge

dudley said:

There are no such forms.

If you should pass today, the children will be placed by a court. They may or may not go with the step-father.

If the step-father does not want to adopt them, there is nothing that I know of that will guarantee that he gets custody if you are dead.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">