• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Steps..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JUICY

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

After one parent is given the summons of complaint form and is given 30 days to respond to the complaint, but does not respond. What legal actions are taken or whats the next step? Just trying to figure out the steps until the child support is actual intake because I was told that it takes 9 months before everything goes through. ?true?

CALIF-LAWPRO5

JUICY said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

After one parent is given the summons of complaint form and is given 30 days to respond to the complaint, but does not respond. What legal actions are taken or whats the next step? Just trying to figure out the steps until the child support is actual intake because I was told that it takes 9 months before everything goes through. ?true?
My response:

Assuming everything was properly filed with the court, and served on the Respondent, then you merely file and serve a "Request for Entry of Default." When six months from the date of your initial Petition has expired, the judge will (sometime thereafter) sign the "Judgment of Dissolution." The clerk will then mail a conformed copy to each litigant.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">