• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Steps to stop child support payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luckymorgan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

My husband's son lives in Connecticut with his mother. The son graduated from high school and will soon turn 18. My understanding of the CT Family Code is that child support payments may be terminated when the child turns 18, unless there is a petition to continue the child support while he is in college. What is the legal path we need to take to stop the child support payments? What forms do we need to file and where?

Thank you.

Silverplum

My husband's son lives in Connecticut with his mother. The son graduated from high school and will soon turn 18. My understanding of the CT Family Code is that child support payments may be terminated when the child turns 18, unless there is a petition to continue the child support while he is in college. What is the legal path we need to take to stop the child support payments? What forms do we need to file and where?

Thank you.
Check the website of the Court that issued the CS order for forms and instructions.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Thank you.
You didn't read the sticky, did you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">