• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopping Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I have posted a few times on the Custody board, but now I have a Child Support Question. My ex now lives about 3 hours away from me, she dropped our daughter off on July 9th and has not come back to pick her up for her scheduled days per the court order, but she has come by twice (once for 2 hours, and once for 15 min). The court order done in April said that if she was to move (she was planning on it) our daughter was to be placed in my school district. She is now enrolled in my school district and I have sent in proof to OCSS letting them know i have "primary" custody. Is there more that should be done, or should that be enough to get support modified?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I have posted a few times on the Custody board, but now I have a Child Support Question. My ex now lives about 3 hours away from me, she dropped our daughter off on July 9th and has not come back to pick her up for her scheduled days per the court order, but she has come by twice (once for 2 hours, and once for 15 min). The court order done in April said that if she was to move (she was planning on it) our daughter was to be placed in my school district. She is now enrolled in my school district and I have sent in proof to OCSS letting them know i have "primary" custody. Is there more that should be done, or should that be enough to get support modified?
First, it's far better if you keep all the questions together. I'm not really interested in researching your posting history, so the following is only based on what's written above. Do you know that ex has moved? Can you legally prove that ex has moved? If not, ex could easily come back and get the child and stick with the court order. I would suggest that you need to get a letter from your ex stating that she's moving.

Until you can demonstrate that ex really is moving which causes you to have custody, I would not try to change support. It's only going to muddy the waters.

I'm curious how you sent proof to OCSS when the court order only grants you custody if Mom moves - and you don't have proof of that.

First, it's far better if you keep all the questions together. I'm not really interested in researching your posting history, so the following is only based on what's written above. Do you know that ex has moved? Can you legally prove that ex has moved? If not, ex could easily come back and get the child and stick with the court order. I would suggest that you need to get a letter from your ex stating that she's moving.
She has agreed to sign a paper saying she is living with me now, she just has not done so. And she can feel free to come get her for her scheduled days if she wants to stick to the court order.

Until you can demonstrate that ex really is moving which causes you to have custody, I would not try to change support. It's only going to muddy the waters.
Not moving. Moved. 3 hours away. House sold, some one else lives there. Everyone in her family has told me they have moved, also pictures sent to me of her new "house" by the lake.

I'm curious how you sent proof to OCSS when the court order only grants you custody if Mom moves - and you don't have proof of that.
School gave me a "proof of enrollment" in my school district using my address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">