• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sua sponte?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LMarie

What is the name of your state? CO

sua sponte?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Child Support was modified for 6 months from due to unemployment of NCP. The last Order of the Court says "the matter of child support will come up for review on August 1st." I filed a Motion to Modify CS, NCP and I went to mediation - the matter was not resolved, I then filed an amendement to the Motion to reflect the points agreed upon in mediation - NCP filed a response. Yesterday I recieved a "DELAY PREVENTION ORDER (DOMESTIC)" The opening lines read "This action is before the Court on a sua-sponte judicial review. The Court has reviewed the record and now issues the following orders" The order is to file a Notice to Set (which I did and can't even set a date for a hearing for another 2 weeks) and in fact set within 30 days. I am wondering what sua-sponte means? Also since the previous order expired on July 31, I asked the Judge in my amendement to reinstate the old CS amount until a hearing - if a hearing was necessary. Obviously she did not deem it necessary to do that. Does anyone know of anything I can due to speed up this process. Child support was cut down to a 1/3 of the original order and is now starting to severly affect my childrens lives.

BL

Sua Sponte
Latin for "of one's own accord; voluntarily." Used when the court addresses an issue without the litigants having presented the issue for consideration.

LMarie

I guess I'm confused then because we have presented the issue with the filing of the motion to modify supporting documentation and responses haven't we???

BL

I might be wrong,but it may mean you are not litigating the issue in bodys in front of the court , yet .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">