• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena Social Security in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cala833

CA.

I was wondering if I can do Subpoena toward my ex-husband Social Security? I want to see everything he has. I know he has several bank accounts, some 401K money but he refused to show it to court. He claims he doesn’t have anything but I know for sure he is lying. He only showed one bank account.

Is it possible for me somehow to see everything what he has under his social security?

This is for child support case.

Many thanks!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
CA.

I was wondering if I can do Subpoena toward my ex-husband Social Security? I want to see everything he has. I know he has several bank accounts, some 401K money but he refused to show it to court. He claims he doesn’t have anything but I know for sure he is lying. He only showed one bank account.

Is it possible for me somehow to see everything what he has under his social security?

Many thanks!
If Dad is getting SSDI, then there should be dependent benefits available to the minor children. :cool:

LdiJ

If Dad is getting SSDI, then there should be dependent benefits available to the minor children. :cool:
I don't think that is what she is saying. I think that she is hoping that somehow the social security administration would be able to track all of his assets using his SSN.

OP, if that is the case, it doesn't work that way.

Silverplum

CA.

Many thanks!
Please keep all of your CS questions in one thread.

Please also read CA law on what forms of income "count" as available for CS purposes.

cala833

My ex never seen his child. I left him when I was pregnant. I'm asking for child support for the last 16 month. He does everything is his power to delay the child support process. I can't believe I need to wait this long and spend so much money to get a child support from the father of our child. There's no justice :(

Silverplum

My ex never seen his child. I left him when I was pregnant. I'm asking for child support for the last 16 month. He does everything is his power to delay the child support process. I can't believe I need to wait this long and spend so much money to get a child support from the father of our child. There's no justice :(
Previous threadS.

Last edited:

cala833

Back in June 2012 and yes, paternity was established (twice) when our child was born and also when I filed for child support.

Eekamouse

He doesn't owe you anything until a court orders him to pay child support and how was paternity established? Did he submit to two DNA tests?

Antigone*

I find it very interesting that the OP is sneaking around looking for her ex's assets when she feels that she shouldn't have to disclose anything.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/demand-production-documents-tangible-things-594781-p2.html#post3159540

cala833

Yes, he requested it twice. Regarding the 'he doesn't own anything'. I think he is responsible since the day I filed for child support, correct? not from the day court will order him to start paying child support!?

cala833

I find it very interesting that the OP is sneaking around looking for her ex's assets when she feels that she shouldn't have to disclose anything.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/demand-production-documents-tangible-things-594781-p2.html#post3159540

I did provide with every single document.

Eekamouse

It doesn't matter that he has never seen his child. I don't understand how it is possible that you two got divorced but did not mention the fact you were pregnant during your divorce proceedings.

cala833

He always knew. He was happy that I don't ask him for child support. It wasn't a secret. I never asked him for a child support and I guess he didn't want to pay. Once I asked him, he start playing game like he didn't know that's his child.

LdiJ

In all fairness her ex's attorney did one of those "ask for all financial documentation for the last 7 years bit" to her...and all she is asking for from him is current information. She apparently complied, he apparently is not.

I really does disgust me when attorneys do that, because its nothing more than abuse by legal process when its not relevant to the matter at hand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">