• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is summer camp included in child care?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sophistifunk12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I want to know if I have to pay for summer camp or pay additional money than I already pay for daycare during the summertime. My original divorce/custody court paperwork state that I don't have to pay any childcare expenses (my ex-wife pays them all), my ex-wife would pay me $126 per month and I would take care of health care for my daughter. Our time was split 3 days I have my daughter and 4 days with her mom. NOTE: I make less than half of what my ex-wife makes.

We did an amendment because due to my work schedule I couldn't have my daughter one extra day per week (Thursdays), so now I only have her 2 days per week. The amendment states that my ex-wife does not pay me the $126 per month any longer and I now pay 50% of childcare as well as still pay all of healthcare. The paperwork doesn't go into what childcare is, it just says pay 50% of childcare. I pay $60 per month for after-school childcare right now and for the summer it is a lot more. Do I only need to continue just paying $60 per month or do I have to pay 50% of summercamp or any other additional days that my daughter needs to be cared for, like spring break or teacher work days?

Also, while I'm here, do I have to pay 50% of extracurricular activities such as cheerleading or dance? And do I have to pay 50% of clothing, or only enough clothes for her to have while she's in my care?

Any advice or help you can give me would be great. Thank you!

tuffbrk

You would need to provide the exact wording of the agreement. I can't imagine why you would agree to cover 50% childcare and give up reimbursement for medical expenses because of a one day change. Did you have a mediator or representation? This does not sound appropriate. The $126 may also affect your CS payment.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I want to know if I have to pay for summer camp or pay additional money than I already pay for daycare during the summertime. My original divorce/custody court paperwork state that I don't have to pay any childcare expenses (my ex-wife pays them all), my ex-wife would pay me $126 per month and I would take care of health care for my daughter. Our time was split 3 days I have my daughter and 4 days with her mom. NOTE: I make less than half of what my ex-wife makes.

We did an amendment because due to my work schedule I couldn't have my daughter one extra day per week (Thursdays), so now I only have her 2 days per week. The amendment states that my ex-wife does not pay me the $126 per month any longer and I now pay 50% of childcare as well as still pay all of healthcare. The paperwork doesn't go into what childcare is, it just says pay 50% of childcare. I pay $60 per month for after-school childcare right now and for the summer it is a lot more. Do I only need to continue just paying $60 per month or do I have to pay 50% of summercamp or any other additional days that my daughter needs to be cared for, like spring break or teacher work days?

Also, while I'm here, do I have to pay 50% of extracurricular activities such as cheerleading or dance? And do I have to pay 50% of clothing, or only enough clothes for her to have while she's in my care?

Any advice or help you can give me would be great. Thank you!
1/2 of child care is 1/2 of child care. All child care, not just after school care. Therefore yes, you have to pay 1/2 of summer or holiday daycare.

Based on your current parenting schedule, you would normally have to pay child support AND 1/2 of daycare. I would suggest that you google an online child support calculator for FL and see what you could be ordered to pay, before you make a fuss about sharing in the child's direct expenses. Mom could easily file for child support and receive it if she chose to do so.

OHRoadwarrior

Summer camp is not child care. Nor is a trip France. Your contribution reasonably would be one weeks childcare, for the week of summer camp, if it would have required child care that week. You do not pay 1/2 of cheerleading etc.. either unless those things are specifically spelled out in your agreement.

LdiJ

Summer camp is not child care. Nor is a trip France. Your contribution reasonably would be one weeks childcare, for the week of summer camp, if it would have required child care that week. You do not pay 1/2 of cheerleading etc.. either unless those things are specifically spelled out in your agreement.
You are talking about sleep away summer camp, and the OP is talking about summer daycare which is called "summer camp". They call it "camp" for the older kids.;)

Your other advice is fine OHRoadWarrior if you are ignoring the fact that he is currently not paying any child support, and mom can easily file for child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">