• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

genivieve

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? ny

I have been looking over this board now for the last couple of days and even posted my own question. And I am feeling sort of uneasy to this whole child support issue. My Bf had a one night stand and the girl ended up pregnant. He begged and pleaded with the girl to give the baby up for adoption or have an abortion (including a nice sum of money) But instead she retorts with a comment of "Im taking half of your houses and cars, and going to sit on easy street with my big fat monthly check". He had seven years of ugly battles with her till finally she went into court and demanded he sign off. Whew--relief. Now I know this is going to cause a heated debate but my question is this. Why do women continue to have children that they know they cannot support on their own? I have one child. Yes, I would have loved to have more but I know and realize that if ever on my own I would not be able to support more than one child. It makes me kinda sick to know that some of these women are blood suckers looking for revenge and what better way then in child support.

Last edited:

Phnx02

genivieve said:

I have been looking over this board now for the last couple of days and even posted my own question. And I am feeling sort of uneasy to this whole child support issue. My Bf had a one night stand and the girl ended up pregnant. He begged and pleaded with the girl to give the baby up for adoption or have an abortion (including a nice sum of money) But instead she retorts with a comment of "Im taking half of your houses and cars, and going to sit on easy street with my big fat monthly check". He had seven years of ugly battles with her till finally she went into court and demanded he sign off. Whew--relief. Now I know this is going to cause a heated debate but my question is this. Why do women continue to have children that they know they cannot support on their own? I have one child. Yes, I would have loved to have more but I know and realize that if ever on my own I would not be able to support more than one child. It makes me kinda sick to know that some of these women are blood suckers looking for revenge and what better way then in child support.
How cordial of you to accept an answer of "just a one night stand" and take him back. And better yet, support the dog in his fight to not want to take any responsibility for the child he helped create. Contrary to your belief, not every woman in America has children just to be able to sit back and collect free money (cs). What's the average cs payment.....$300-400? Hardly enough to not have to work and survive, let alone live comfortably. There's many emotions involved with a pregnancy. Having a child yourself, you should know this. Sometimes accidents happen, and many, many people don't believe in abortion or just giving away their children out of inconvenience.

Quite possibly, this woman simply made a spiteful remark in response to your B/F's unsupportive reaction to the pregnancy. Especially if he was able, but not willing to financial support. Obviously, she was dealing with a heartless jerk from the beginning if she battled this out for 7 years until she finally relented and let him relinquish his parental rights. You have a prize at home!

AHA

genivieve said:

Yes, the world would be so much better if women aborted every fetus that the "dad" does want, and men could just run around and have unprotected sex with anyone not just their wife. What a perfect world that would be, it would be like the stoneage when women just existed for men's pleasure and had no importance of their own at all. To hell with the women and their rights, let the men get all they want. Let's write a letter to the President and demand that.

genivieve

Why in the hell are you posting to a thread that is over six months old? I used a link to this thread only as a reference since some broad posting here is a little confused and THICK . :confused: :confused:

AHA

genivieve said:
Why in the hell are you posting to a thread that is over six months old? I used a link to this thread only as a reference since some broad posting here is a little confused and THICK . :confused: :confused:
Whatever, lady, no one is forcing you to read it. You have bigger problems than chasing down strangers who post on old threads. Move on

Gracie3787

AHA said:
Yes, the world would be so much better if women aborted every fetus that the "dad" does want, and men could just run around and have unprotected sex with anyone not just their wife. What a perfect world that would be, it would be like the stoneage when women just existed for men's pleasure and had no importance of their own at all. To hell with the women and their rights, let the men get all they want. Let's write a letter to the President and demand that.
No, what have now is a world where women abort every fetus that THEY don't want, even if the Father wants the baby. It's a world that stinks. Neither scenario is the best world, I personally don't believe in a perfect world, but we could sure do a hellofa lot better than we are now. Maybe someday scientists will come up with a way of making EVERYONE sterile until they CHOOSE to have a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">