• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Support change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Word1

Arizona, Hello I would like to know is it possible to change my child support order if My ex wife (payee) has since(6years ago) began full time work. Also, I was at the time making about 20 dollars an hour and now only get about 16. I attempted the worksheet, but I am not sure exactly how much she makes, I assume about the same as I do.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Arizona, Hello I would like to know is it possible to change my child support order if My ex wife (payee) has since(6years ago) began full time work. Also, I was at the time making about 20 dollars an hour and now only get about 16. I attempted the worksheet, but I am not sure exactly how much she makes, I assume about the same as I do.
You would need to go through the court that handles your current order.

CSO286

You can always request a review. Did you lose a job? Why did your pay go down?

Is CSED handling your case?

Word1

I lost my job and started a new one last year in 2010. My ex wife told our teenage daughter in 2009 that she was going to start full time at her job and that she was going to be making more money. It took me a while to financially get on my feet and I would like to change the order now since she get's mad every time I am late a day or two on child support.

CSO286

I lost my job and started a new one last year in 2010. My ex wife told our teenage daughter in 2009 that she was going to start full time at her job and that she was going to be making more money. It took me a while to financially get on my feet and I would like to change the order now since she get's mad every time I am late a day or two on child support.
I would absolutely request a modification, then.

Now, as to my other question: IS CSED enforcing your child support order?

mistoffolees

If wife wasn't working full time, you should have asked for income to be imputed. Even if she's not working full time now, you can ask for income to be imputed. Basically, take her hourly wage and multiply by 2080.

You can ask for a modification. There are two routes:
1. Through court. You can probably do this yourself, but if ex hires an attorney and you don't have one, it can get a bit uncomfortable. Getting a court hearing may take a long time or not - depending on the backlog. Court will cost you a little money (or a lot of money if you use an attorney).
2. Contact your state child support enforcement department and open a case with them (if you don't already have one). Ask for a review. This may take even longer than the court, but won't cost you much. I'm not sure if CSED can use an imputed income - you might need court for that if Mom isn't working full time.

CSO286

If wife wasn't working full time, you should have asked for income to be imputed. Even if she's not working full time now, you can ask for income to be imputed. Basically, take her hourly wage and multiply by 2080.

You can ask for a modification. There are two routes:
1. Through court. You can probably do this yourself, but if ex hires an attorney and you don't have one, it can get a bit uncomfortable. Getting a court hearing may take a long time or not - depending on the backlog. Court will cost you a little money (or a lot of money if you use an attorney).
2. Contact your state child support enforcement department and open a case with them (if you don't already have one). Ask for a review. This may take even longer than the court, but won't cost you much. I'm not sure if CSED can use an imputed income - you might need court for that if Mom isn't working full time.
There are federal reg that require non-public assistance applicants to pay a $25 fee for the serivces, but some staes are paying that for the applicants. I do not know if AZ is one of them. Either way, there are distinct benefits for both parties in allowing CSED to maintain the case.

If you're going to try it yourself---start here: Self-Service Center > Self Service Forms Law

Word1

She IS now working full time and she has been for a couple years. She hounds me for money aside from child support for things my son's "apperently need" we also have a daughter that lives with me, and she has not asked for/came to get my daughter for visitation for about a year now. Although she brings my son's every other weekend. I guess I am trying to take the easiest route to have this modified. I don't make much and have a teenage daughter to support at the same time which I dont have ANY help with.

Word1

Also, if I do this myself, what do I put for mother's income, if I am not sure and she definately will not tell me.

Word1

there are federal reg that require non-public assistance applicants to pay a $25 fee for the serivces, but some staes are paying that for the applicants. I do not know if az is one of them. Either way, there are distinct benefits for both parties in allowing csed to maintain the case.

If you're going to try it yourself---start here: self-service center > self service forms law

thanks!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">