• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Support formula?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lleu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Is there a formula that is used by the courts to determine the amount of child support owed each month? My wife and I may be divorcing soon and I'd like to start preparing in case that happens. If we can't work things out between each other I'd like an estimate so I can start narrowing down my housing options.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Is there a formula that is used by the courts to determine the amount of child support owed each month? My wife and I may be divorcing soon and I'd like to start preparing in case that happens. If we can't work things out between each other I'd like an estimate so I can start narrowing down my housing options.
Do a google search for an online child support calculator for your state.

Lleu

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think to do that.

As a side note, it seems that I'm a pretty good estimator of what I would have left after bills are paid. My estimate was 2 dollars less then the calculators. I know that this amount isn't exact but it's nice to know that I won't be living in the slums to pay child support.

majomom1

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think to do that.

As a side note, it seems that I'm a pretty good estimator of what I would have left after bills are paid. My estimate was 2 dollars less then the calculators. I know that this amount isn't exact but it's nice to know that I won't be living in the slums to pay child support.
Aha... glad to see you already found this. Good luck to you both.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">