• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SUpport includes pay for daycare, but child is not enrolled for last 3 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nostrek

What is the name of your state? California / Santa Clara County

Hello,

My Child support is broken down like this:

$300.00 Support
$50.00 for Insurance
$240.00 for my half of day care

Total of $590.00 per month

My Question is this, my child has NOT been in day care for over 3 years now, so do I still have to pay the day care portion??What is the name of your state?

LdiJ

You need to get the child support order modified.
And if your income has increased since the current order was written, it would be in your best interest to google for an online calculator for your state, and run the numbers to make sure that you wouldn't end up with a CS INCREASE, even without the day care.

Its not uncommon for a paying parent to end up with a nasty surprize when they file to modify support due to daycare or other issues, because they don't take into consideration the fact that their income has increased.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">