• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

support modifacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mykids

What is the name of your state? florida/kansas my divorce was in kansas and so was the support order i have sence moved to florida and have filed for modifacation of support order,my husband has the kids and has not let me see them i do not have a lawyer but am now looking for one to change this i am needing to know if i need to find a lawyer in kansas or florida? florida has taken my drivers license and i have back support but the support order is for 575 a month and i have a new baby as well to take care of, i do not work due to the new child and his needs but i want to start seeing and get my other children back i have just learned that my ex no longer works. i need help on what to do and how to get this all changed.

nextwife

If you are being denied court ordered visitation, file contempt charges to enforce your vsiitation.

A NCP's subsequent children matter little, if at all, in modification of CS. The NCP is presumed to already be aware that they have a CS responsibility BEFORE they have other chilren, and are expected to plan accordingly. And your voluntary unemployment is also not sufficient reason for a modification.

Asking for a cdustody change because you don't want to pay CS will not be sufficient. Why is ex unemployed? Is he living off retirement income?

If the order was issued through Kansas, they would have jurisdiction. Where does ex and kids live?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">