• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Support numbers for 50/50 custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AFrances

Pennsylvania

I'm trying to figure out support numbers and our states support calculator (PA) does not have an option for the type of custody arrangement that we currently have.

We have two minor children. Both parents have 50/50 custody (shared physical and legal custody). Both kids sleep equal equal amounts of nights at mother and fathers house per month. We do every other week. We split all insurance, activities, and anything else they need. Our incomes are 40k and 25k per year.

Based on these circumstances and numbers does anyone have an idea of what the the support numbers would come out to for the 40k parent?

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Pennsylvania

I'm trying to figure out support numbers and our states support calculator (PA) does not have an option for the type of custody arrangement that we currently have.
Sure it does - it specifically asks if the child(ren) spend 146 nights or more with the NCP.

AFrances

could that be right? I did the NCP at 40k.. I make 40k a year and he makes 25k and I have to pay him $781.00 a month for support? I flipped it where the NCP is 25k and I'm paying $506.00 a month

does not seem right for only a 15k difference in our income.

Silverplum

could that be right? I did the NCP at 40k.. I make 40k a year and he makes 25k and I have to pay him $781.00 a month for support? I flipped it where the NCP is 25k and I'm paying $506.00 a month

Income equalization is Obama's #1 goal. :cool:;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

She makes approx 38% less than you do. You are responsible for 62% of that $15k and she is responsible for 38% of that $15k

I just did some quick math using the PA support calculator.

I assume that both parents pay 25% taxes.

If the $40k earner has full custody, they receive $445/mo

If the $25k earner has full cusody, they receive $713/mo

In a 50/50 situation the $40k earner pays the $25k earner the difference or $268/mo

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Wait - did
I just did some quick math using the PA support calculator.

I assume that both parents pay 25% taxes.

If the $40k earner has full custody, they receive $445/mo

If the $25k earner has full cusody, they receive $713/mo

In a 50/50 situation the $40k earner pays the $25k earner the difference or $268/mo
WAIT... didn't I tell her to do that???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">