• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Support for odd schedule...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hosejockey61

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I work as a firefighter. My schedule is odd in the fact that I work 24 hour shifts. The normal person works 2080 hours/year. My schedule comes out to 2920 hours/year. This translates into an average of 56 hours per week. Am I responsible for only up to 40 hours or am I responsible for the entire 2920 hours for the year? My job pays hourly and is not considered salary. All hours up to the 56 hours are paid at straight time not overtime.

I little help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

LdiJ

hosejockey61 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

I work as a firefighter. My schedule is odd in the fact that I work 24 hour shifts. The normal person works 2080 hours/year. My schedule comes out to 2920 hours/year. This translates into an average of 56 hours per week. Am I responsible for only up to 40 hours or am I responsible for the entire 2920 hours for the year? My job pays hourly and is not considered salary. All hours up to the 56 hours are paid at straight time not overtime.

I little help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
You would have a very difficult time convincing a judge that you shouldn't pay child support based on your regular and consistant income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">