• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Support: PAID MONTHLY; Drivers License: SUSPENDED

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MEsoVERYtoo

What is the name of your state? Florida

I'm not sure what I missed or who I pissed off, but I'm paying support as scheduled and I just got notice yesterday that my license will be suspended in 20 days.....what the hell is going on?? Has anyone else had an experience like this and another question.....am I able to supoena records from CE....or should I say will they be required to ANSWER!!???

Thanks much. :mad:

Last edited:

BL

Is this a letter of intent to seize the license , or a Letter stated your license suspension will take effect in 20 days .

The best way to handle this is get all your proofs of payments ( as agreed ) , and go to the CE Office to get this straighted out .

If theses are arrears your talking about and not the reg . monthly payments , they CAN seize the license for arrears ( back payments ) owed .

elaine60

Is that only for arrears while you are paying current support or can a license be pulled for any arrears and how much back support has to be owed?

BL

Arrears = back support payments owed .

I'm not sure about all State's , but if you fail to make payments it turns into arrears .

If you fail to make 1 to 2 months payments , The State can seize your Licenses , not just drivers license .

Gracie3787

MEsoVERYtoo said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I'm not sure what I missed or who I pissed off, but I'm paying support as scheduled and I just got notice yesterday that my license will be suspended in 20 days.....what the hell is going on?? Has anyone else had an experience like this and another question.....am I able to supoena records from CE....or should I say will they be required to ANSWER!!???

Thanks much. :mad:

The letter probably came from the Dept. of Revenue Child Support Enforcement office. YOU HAVE TO GO TO THEIR OFFICE to get this straightened out. IF YOU IGNORE THE LETTER they WILL suspend your license at the end of the 20 days.

Take proof of all your payments to them, they will compare it to their records and go from there. You can also go to the court clerk's office to get a payment print out from them, it may or may niot match DOR's though. If you are truly current and go see them with a good attitude, they will get it worked out. It may be a simple mistake by one of the workers, etc.

Good luck.

WHWT

child support questions

Your drivers license can only be taken from you if you are behind on child support by 2 months or 60 day.

Gracie3787

WHWT said:
Your drivers license can only be taken from you if you are behind on child support by 2 months or 60 day.
OP is in Florida. Florida Statute is that notice of intent to suspend DL can be sent when obligor is15 days or more delinquent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">