• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Support reduction meeting with Case Worker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

versa75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I have been unemployed for 5 months and had requested a reduction in my support. The meeting is scheduled Mar26. I am and have been up to date on my support, but just like the thousands of men and women these days, I cant find a job. I am bringing all the info they requested, but wanted to know:
What type of questions should I prepared for? And what happens if I havent found a job by the time my UE ends? (its scheduled to end Mar 28, but I have been told I may qualify for the governments emergency extension)

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I have been unemployed for 5 months and had requested a reduction in my support. The meeting is scheduled Mar26. I am and have been up to date on my support, but just like the thousands of men and women these days, I cant find a job. I am bringing all the info they requested, but wanted to know:
What type of questions should I prepared for? And what happens if I havent found a job by the time my UE ends? (its scheduled to end Mar 28, but I have been told I may qualify for the governments emergency extension)
You need to bring proof of your job search, which is something you should have already since it's usually required for UE.

You'll be asked why you are unemployed, what you are doing to find another job, and you'll certainly be asked how you have been making the payments while unemployed.

versa75

Provide proof of my job search?

How do I do that? Its not required by UE in PA. I, like most people, have been applying online via careerbuilder, monster and craigslist.
The most I have is the list of companies I applied for when I sent the request for reduction in. I do also have a recent job offer showing the financial limitation I have been offered these past 6 months.
Is that sufficient?

TinkerBelleLuvr

You haven't been keeping a log of what you are doing to find a job? bring in copies of cover letters, your resume, where you've applied, etc. more is better.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">