• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Evasion and Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msmegan21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX and NM

I have posted a couple of times regarding my case.

FreeAdvice Legal Forum - Withholding Order

Currently I am waiting on a contempt hearing in TX for $25k of arrears. My ex is claiming no employment but I have been made aware of him running the day to day operations of his fathers S-Corp. I assumed he was being paid cash under the table but recently I was informed that he has a company debit card (the bank account is in the company name) and he charges all his expenses there in lieu of collecting a salary/wages. He is also allowed to keep cash from the sale of TV’s the company receives. The debit card has his name on it. He has also rented a home under the company name. Is there anything I can do to collect my child support?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX and NM

I have posted a couple of times regarding my case.

FreeAdvice Legal Forum - Withholding Order

Currently I am waiting on a contempt hearing in TX for $25k of arrears. My ex is claiming no employment but I have been made aware of him running the day to day operations of his fathers S-Corp. I assumed he was being paid cash under the table but recently I was informed that he has a company debit card (the bank account is in the company name) and he charges all his expenses there in lieu of collecting a salary/wages. He is also allowed to keep cash from the sale of TV’s the company receives. The debit card has his name on it. He has also rented a home under the company name. Is there anything I can do to collect my child support?
You have no proof of this.

mistoffolees

You don't have proof of tax evasion. You have proof of this man using the company's debit card. That is all.

but hey, rock on.:rolleyes:
Actually, if he truly is using the company's debit card for personal items and if OP can prove it the IRS probably would be interested. While it's possible that it's legitimate, it could also be evidence of him not paying income taxes on goods he received for his work. If the company is deducting his personal items, that would be fraudulent, as well.

I just doubt if the information she got from a company officer constitutes proof in a legal sense.

msmegan21

Actually, if he truly is using the company's debit card for personal items and if OP can prove it the IRS probably would be interested. While it's possible that it's legitimate, it could also be evidence of him not paying income taxes on goods he received for his work. If the company is deducting his personal items, that would be fraudulent, as well.

I just doubt if the information she got from a company officer constitutes proof in a legal sense.
What would constitute proof in a legal sense?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">