• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax exchanging

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AzTooHot

What is the name of your state: Arizona

I filed a petition to modify the parenting plan, then the ex wife sent over, right away, certified papers to adjust child support and is requesting tax info.

my question is Do i need to send my tax info over to her right away?

we are supposed to exchange tax information every two years but since I filed to modify parenting time, and then child support modification will file shortly there after.
Do i need to send my tax information over or can it just wait till this modification of both parenting and child support finishes? Since we will have to exchange them this year any ways with the child support modification.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I filed a petition to modify the parenting plan, then the ex wife sent over, right away, certified papers to adjust child support and is requesting tax info.

we are supposed to exchange tax information every two years but since I filed to modify parenting time, and then child support modification will file shortly there after.
Do i need to send my tax information over or can it just wait till this modification of both parenting and child support finishes? Since we will have to exchange them this year any ways with the child support modification.
Why are you playing games? What do the local rules state? Did you read them? What about the rules of civil procedure? Did you read those?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Tax info will be needed to modify CS, whether it is due to a modification of support, custody or both. Why is it a problem to simply produce it?

AzTooHot

there are no games being played(OhioGal)
It's not a problem to get them to her(stealth2)

It's because, I haven't done my taxes yet. I just don't want to be in contempt.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">