• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax refund interception in N.Y.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barb2731

Hi I live in New York and my ex's entire tax refund was intercepted for child support he owes me. I was curious to see if anyone knows about how long it will take for it to post to my account? He's not remarried or anything. He said he did his taxes on3/3/10 and he just received another letter saying it was paid to child support on 3/18/10 but i still haven't received anything. It's very frustrating because this man is behind $22,250.00 !! I don't understand why child support wouldn't kind of put a rush on it considering he is so far behind!! Any answers would help!!! thanks!! :confused:

Isis1

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if any child support agency put a rush on every past due case I'm almost positive every worker would probably quit.

You are not the only one waiting for that check.

The intercept was done. You will get your money.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi I live in New York and my ex's entire tax refund was intercepted for child support he owes me. I was curious to see if anyone knows about how long it will take for it to post to my account? He's not remarried or anything. He said he did his taxes on3/3/10 and he just received another letter saying it was paid to child support on 3/18/10 but i still haven't received anything. It's very frustrating because this man is behind $22,250.00 !! I don't understand why child support wouldn't kind of put a rush on it considering he is so far behind!! Any answers would help!!! thanks!! :confused:
He filed his taxes three weeks ago and they intercepted it about a week ago and you are griping that you haven't gotten it?

LdiJ

Many state agencies will sit on the money for at least a few months, in order to be certain that some other claim will not come up against it. You will eventually receive it.

barb2731

tax refund interception

Thanks everyone for your responses. I don't mean to sound money hungry. I am the farthest thing from it.I am a single mom who works extremely hard to provide for both of my children. My youngest has autism and alot of medical bills that insurance does not cover. So to Ohiogal, yes I am absolutely griping about it. My children deserve that money and I feel like they have waited long enough. It's not like he owes $200.00, he owes over $20,000.00. Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!! :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks everyone for your responses. I don't mean to sound money hungry. I am the farthest thing from it.I am a single mom who works extremely hard to provide for both of my children. My youngest has autism and alot of medical bills that insurance does not cover. So to Ohiogal, yes I am absolutely griping about it. My children deserve that money and I feel like they have waited long enough. It's not like he owes $200.00, he owes over $20,000.00. Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!! :)
Your gripe is with the deadbeat - not with the government.

BL

CSEU will sit on it for a while because they have to give the obligor time to dispute the intercept .That is one of the rights allowed .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">