• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax return question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my ex is psycho

What is the name of your state? GA
About a year and a half ago, my xh filed contempt charges against me. Why? The world will never know (see screen name), but lost miserably when I showed the judge he was behind in cs over $21,000. He was put in jail until he came up with $5000 and told to pay an additional $200 monthly on top of the already ordered $500 a month until the arrears were caught up. Just before or after (can't remember) our court date, I also filed with CSE to try to recover some of the arrears. Well, back in November I got a suprise when they sent me a letter saying they (CSE) had snatched his tax return for $4600 and were sending it to me! :p
Well, I just FINALLY got it and it will be available to me Tuesday... my birthday..lol- happy birthday to me! :D

But, now, as usual, xh is behind in cs and his wife (who takes care of everything) wants to know "if I have received the payment, because if not, she wants to call them. That money should take care of the "little bit" they are behind, and plenty more to come." I know that the money is for the arrears, meaning the $21K already, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a website to show her how that works. I don't want to have to argue with her (or mostly him), and I don't want them to feel like they have any way out of paying me.

Is there a good website I can send her to with that GA info? Or, if she calls CSE- will they tell her?

TIA!!

my ex is psycho said:
About a year and a half ago, my xh filed contempt charges against me. Why? The world will never know (see screen name), but lost miserably when I showed the judge he was behind in cs over $21,000. He was put in jail until he came up with $5000 and told to pay an additional $200 monthly on top of the already ordered $500 a month until the arrears were caught up. Just before or after (can't remember) our court date, I also filed with CSE to try to recover some of the arrears. Well, back in November I got a suprise when they sent me a letter saying they (CSE) had snatched his tax return for $4600 and were sending it to me! :p
Well, I just FINALLY got it and it will be available to me Tuesday... my birthday..lol- happy birthday to me! :D

But, now, as usual, xh is behind in cs and his wife (who takes care of everything) wants to know "if I have received the payment, because if not, she wants to call them. That money should take care of the "little bit" they are behind, and plenty more to come." I know that the money is for the arrears, meaning the $21K already, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a website to show her how that works. I don't want to have to argue with her (or mostly him), and I don't want them to feel like they have any way out of paying me.

Is there a good website I can send her to with that GA info? Or, if she calls CSE- will they tell her?

TIA!!

My response:

Why is this post called "Tax Return Question"?

Why are you dealing with him or the wife? He has his orders and, if he or she is interested, they can do their own footwork and research. It's not your work.

Just tell her, if he doesn't pay, per the court order, then it's off to jail again!

IAAL

my ex is psycho

CALIFPROLAW said:
My response:

Why is this post called "Tax Return Question"?

Why are you dealing with him or the wife? He has his orders and, if he or she is interested, they can do their own footwork and research. It's not your work.

Just tell her, if he doesn't pay, per the court order, then it's off to jail again!

IAAL
IAAL- you changed your screen name! I almost didn't recognize you.
You object to my post title? I could rename it... arrears question?

His wife has been fairly decent to me- at least online. That's why I wanted to show her. I guess you're right though, I can let her figure it out on her own...

weenor

CSE in Georgia should have a website and that can be found through google. Alabama's does and she can find out the amounts paid to date to figure the arrearage paid. If Alabama has one surely Georgia does too.

GrowUp!

my ex is psycho said:
He filed an extension from April.
You must mean April of 2005, not 2006. Unless you are confusing that November (05) is when they sent him a notice that his refund (for TY06) was going to be intercepted (which is around the time those notices are sent out).

Last edited:

LdiJ

my ex is psycho said:

TIA!!
You can ask the CSE for a print out of the payment history on the account, and then you can provide her a copy. That is probably what I would do in your situation.

LdiJ

ceara19 said:
What I want to know is how CSE intercepted a tax refund in November?
Its not at all unusual. Despite the April 15th deadline people file their taxes return at all different times of the year.

Last Saturday I worked a 6 hour day and completed 8 tax returns and started 2 others.....and I expect that to continue for pretty much the entire off season. Unless you are committing serious fraud the penalties for late filing often don't faze alot of people.....and of course there is no penalty at all if you are due a refund...the IRS is MORE than happy to sit on your money longer.

Heck...tons of people automatically file for an extension and then are frantic come October 15th instead of April 15th. I am almost as busy in October as I am in April.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">