• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary orders vs final with child support and situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rsebesta76

texas
1 boy, 10 yrs old. Currently he is residing woth his grandmother because his mother ran off for almost a year doing drugs. His mother just decided three weeks ago she wants to be a mom. We have been separated since last august when she had me put in jail and took everything. Temporary orders were filed and signed already, divorce papers are drawn and signed but they refuse to file them right now and ex wife is threatening to change temporary orders which cant be done. I have paid some child support to her mother but stopped after signing the divorce papers as the payments were supposed to be drafted through my employer. In addition, they refuse to hold up.to any part of the temporary orders regarding visitations. Will I be responsible for the child support all at once not paid since they have been sitting on the divorce papers since may? Is there a way I can sneak around them for drug tests to be court ordered etc? My exs,new boyfriend is a pill head, my sons uncle and mom are both recovering addicts who have been in and out of jail. Is there a way I can get custody? Need some serious advice here

Antigone*

texas
1 boy, 10 yrs old. Currently he is residing woth his grandmother because his mother ran off for almost a year doing drugs. His mother just decided three weeks ago she wants to be a mom. We have been separated since last august when she had me put in jail and took everything. Temporary orders were filed and signed already, divorce papers are drawn and signed but they refuse to file them right now and ex wife is threatening to change temporary orders which cant be done. I have paid some child support to her mother but stopped after signing the divorce papers as the payments were supposed to be drafted through my employer. In addition, they refuse to hold up.to any part of the temporary orders regarding visitations. Will I be responsible for the child support all at once not paid since they have been sitting on the divorce papers since may? Is there a way I can sneak around them for drug tests to be court ordered etc? My exs,new boyfriend is a pill head, my sons uncle and mom are both recovering addicts who have been in and out of jail. Is there a way I can get custody? Need some serious advice here
Yes you would be responsible for the back child support. In fact you would be wise to bank that money each month so you could fulfill your obligation.

As to your second question, there is no sneaking around.

rsebesta76

The issue is, they refuse to hold up to their end and not to mention its a bad atmosphere of current and prior drug use going on.

Antigone*

The issue is, they refuse to hold up to their end and not to mention its a bad atmosphere of current and prior drug use going on.
Custody and support are two separate issues. If they are not abiding by a court order, you file for contempt.

If there are drugs going on, and you have proof, call the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">