• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminate Child Support For A Child Who Is 18

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hallfam2

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

My story is as follows:

My high school sweetheart and I had a child together, and in order to support the family and enrolled in the Navy. When I came home my daughter was two. One day, I go to work come home from work and my daughter and her mother were gone.

It took several years before I was able to find out through a mutual friend where she was, so I went to court to get visitation rights which I was granted and to pay child support OK. She did everything possible, so that I would not see my daughter, everytime I would go to the house to pick up my daughter who at the time was 5, she either would not open the door or she would not be there, after I had traveled for about 2 1/2 hours. I have police reports of incidents.

After all these years, my daughter is now 18 and I have not seen her since she was two, I have tried to go through all the proper measurements to see my daughter through the courts but my child's mother fabricated all these lies about me and what extremely upset me was the courts automatically believed her. The treat me like the criminal, even though she took my daughter and moved out. After all these years, can I bring her up on kidnap, even though she had moved to New Jersey.

Now the courts are making it impossible for me to stop child support for my daughter who I haven't seen. I had a court date last month and she didn't show up again. Her mother made it impossible for me to call her because she keeps changing her telephone number and once again she moved again, because I knew where she lived. I have never harmed this woman nor threatened her in anyway.

Each and everytime I request a court hearing, she never shows up and gives the court some excuse.

I need help, I would love to see my daughter but I fear her mother has filled her head with so many lies about me. I want her to know what a great father I am and how much I missed her and still love her with all my heart. I want her to know that I never gave up the fight. That I have been married and I would love for her to meet her little brothers.

WHAT CAN I DO? I AM UP AGAINST NEW JERSEY COURTS BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER AT THE TIME LIVED IN NEW JERSEY.

Last edited:

hallfam2

Thank you for info.

When to court today and again I was declined emancipation even though I haven't seen my daughter since the age of two.

What can i do?

I want to see my daughter who will be 19 if I have too continue paying child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">