• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated parental rights and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fishkilla

What is the name of your state? wisconsin
my parental rights have been terminated do i still have to pay child support?

Neal1421

The only way that you would have to pay support after your rights have been terminated is if you were in arrears at the time of termination.

Are you in arrears?

Neal1421

FrustratedMommy said:
Questions probably been asked a million times.

Unless someone else is ready to adopt the child(ren) my understanding is YES.
If the parental rights have been terminated, no child support has to be paid unless the person is in arrears.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It depends what poster actually means by having his/her rights terminated. No visitation? Or is no longer considered the legal parent? Makes a HUGE difference.

fishkilla

i am 300 in arrears and paying it off at an additional 50 bucks a month along with the 400 i pay as support. so if i pay the 300 off i could take her to court and get the child support dropped? dont get me wrong i dont mind paying but she shoud get a JOB and stop living off the state and me

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
fishkilla said:
i am 300 in arrears and paying it off at an additional 50 bucks a month along with the 400 i pay as support. so if i pay the 300 off i could take her to court and get the child support dropped? dont get me wrong i dont mind paying but she shoud get a JOB and stop living off the state and me
300 is NOT living off of you for crying out loud. The 300 is for your KIDS! And that is cheap. Can you live completely on 300 a month? I highly doubt it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
fishkilla said:
Dude - she ain't living off $400 a month. Even in WI.

So what you're saying is that your rights have not actually been terminated, but you're looking at how to get out of paying support. And regardless what you type - you've made it clear that you DO mind paying. Nice. Your kid can live off mac & cheese. Maybe.

Neal1421

fishkilla said:
Well, if she is on state aid and is receiving benefits for the child(ren) you might end up paying that back too.

On another note, unless there is a stepparent to adopt the child you are not going to get your rights terminated.

B

betterthanher

fishkilla said:
You're only in arrears of $300????? Dude, you should pay that off NOW. Screw the 50 bucks a month. Before you know it, that 300 bones will become 325...

B

betterthanher

stealth2 said:
Dude - she ain't living off $400 a month. Even in WI.

So what you're saying is that your rights have not actually been terminated, but you're looking at how to get out of paying support. And regardless what you type - you've made it clear that you DO mind paying. Nice. Your kid can live off mac & cheese. Maybe.
How about ramen noodles.

Provided they are on sale.

In bulk. ;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
betterthanher said:
How about ramen noodles.

Provided they are on sale.

In bulk. ;)
Yeah - much cheaper.

Sheee-t. My ex bitches about my feeding the kids real home-cooked meals that don't comply with his or his wife's personal standards. Uuuh, sorry - I don't see wasting money on wild salmon when the kids don't like it. Pulled pork? They like.

But I bet he'd be happy only paying $300/mo.

fishkilla

Neal1421

fishkilla said:
These questions have been answered, asking them again will not get a different response.

fishkilla

i pay 450 a month in support and she gets drunk not alot of the money is spent on my child. the courts wont give me the rights to my daughtor because i have a room mate and my ex thinks that it is not a good place to raise a child. i would pay 600 a month if i new that it was being put to good use. she pays 85 a month for rent her mother gave her a car and she still is getting wick checks. my child is currently attending kindergarden and she stays home all day...get a clue before you rip on me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">