• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminating parental rights but still paying child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ztoa0220

What is the name of your state? TX

My husband would like a court to grant a petition to terminate his parenal right? We are already paying child support and health insurance and would continue doing that until the child is 18 years old. But he wants nothing to do with the child. Will a court grant him this if he is willing to pay child support but just doesnt want parental rights....I would just like some facts...

penelope10

What is the name of your state? TX

My husband would like a court to grant a petition to terminate his parenal right? We are already paying child support and health insurance and would continue doing that until the child is 18 years old. But he wants nothing to do with the child. Will a court grant him this if he is willing to pay child support but just doesnt want parental rights....I would just like some facts...
Why wouldn't he want parental rights? He doesn't have to visit the kiddo if he doesn't want to already. Are you sure it's not more of YOU don't want him to have parental rights?

ztoa0220

no it is not

like i said in my post this was not my choice it was my husbands...i actually told him if he wanted to have contact with the child he could but he does not...he had an affair with the childs mother and he wants nothing to do with the child or the mother...i was just asking for the legal aspects of it

xylene

The answer to your stupid question is NO!

Nothing about the fact that the courts will never allow dad to write off his child changes the fact that he is totally free to be the worlds worst parent and pretend his own flesh and blood is dead.

Being conceived in lust means nothing.

I guess that dad would rather know that junior will spit on his grave because dad was a selfish wussy, rather than man up and take responsibility.

And you are pretty low too.

fairisfair

The answer to your stupid question is NO!

Nothing about the fact that the courts will never allow dad to write off his child changes the fact that he is totally free to be the worlds worst parent and pretend his own flesh and blood is dead.

Being conceived in lust means nothing.

I guess that dad would rather know that junior will spit on his grave because dad was a selfish wussy, rather than man up and take responsibility.

And you are pretty low too.

uh....you forgot to add the word legally

ztoa0220

but i guess it is ok for a married woman to have an affair with a married man and bring a child into a loveless relationship...why isn't that selfish...just because you have dna with a child it doesn't make you a parent...the child is being brought into a very bad situation....and i know from experience it will be best for that child not to live in that situaion everyday

Just Blue

but i guess it is ok for a married woman to have an affair with a married man and bring a child into a loveless relationship...why isn't that selfish...just because you have dna with a child it doesn't make you a parent...the child is being brought into a very bad situation....and i know from experience it will be best for that child not to live in that situaion everyday
And just because your husband has a penis doesn't make him a man....

Good luck to you and the POS you are married to...Get your advice from a attorney.

Silverplum

The thing I always wonder is this: WHY are these posts almost always written by the wife/gf???

If the man doesn't want to deal with his responsibilities, WHY does his woman take care of it FOR him???

Makes me crazeeee.

fairisfair

pssssst. SHE isn't the one who's married to you......

fortunately the child will most likely not live in that situation everyday, as apparently there is at least one parent who wants her/him.

oh and two that get him/her.

My definition of selfish would be a married man impregnating a woman other than his wife, and then taking it out on the child.

Oh, but I guess that is just me. oh and every one here,

oh, except you.:rolleyes:

ztoa0220

then i guess by your definition an adoptive parent wouldn't be a parent...i was meaning yeah it makes you a biological parent...but there is a whole lot more to being a parent than just dna

Silverplum

then i guess by your definition an adoptive parent wouldn't be a parent...i was meaning yeah it makes you a biological parent...but there is a whole lot more to being a parent than just dna
I'm just quoting you so that future advisors will know what an argumentative dingbat you are. ;)

ztoa0220

just because she has the child in her possession does not mean she is doing what is best for the child...she didn't even want the child she said so herself...and she is using the child every chance she gets...the child would have been better off being adopted by someone who wanted the child...you people really need to know what you are talking about...

Silverplum

just because she has the child in her possession does not mean she is doing what is best for the child...she didn't even want the child she said so herself...and she is using the child every chance she gets...the child would have been better off being adopted by someone who wanted the child...you people really need to know what you are talking about...
We do. Don't worry about US.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">