• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jerry wyatt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
My child recently turned 18
And was told cs would cease
Then I was informed as long as he is enrolled in school cs would continue
I found out he has quit high school and
Is enrolled in a online high school diploma program with a full time job
What constitutes a secondary school ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
My child recently turned 18
And was told cs would cease
Then I was informed as long as he is enrolled in school cs would continue
I found out he has quit high school and
Is enrolled in a online high school diploma program with a full time job
What constitutes a secondary school ?
Sounds to me like he's still in HS.

Jerry wyatt

I was just asking to see if anyone had a general idea or has went through this to see what they consider a secondary school

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I was just asking to see if anyone had a general idea or has went through this to see what they consider a secondary school
Jerry, does it really make that much difference whether it takes him 3 extra years in regular school, 3 years doing it from home?

Really, Jerry?

Payments ordered for the support of a child shall terminate when the child reaches the age of 18 except:

(1) If the child is otherwise emancipated, payments shall terminate at that time;

(2) If the child is still in primary or secondary school when the child reaches age 18, support payments shall continue until the child graduates, otherwise ceases to attend school on a regular basis, fails to make satisfactory academic progress towards graduation, or reaches age 20, whichever comes first, unless the court in its discretion orders that payments cease at age 18 or prior to high school graduation.

(3) (See Editor's note for applicability) If the child is enrolled in a cooperative innovative high school program authorized under Part 9 of Article 16 of Chapter 115C of the General Statutes, then payments shall terminate when the child completes his or her fourth year of enrollment or when the child reaches the age of 18, whichever occurs later.
Source: http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_50/GS_50-13.4.html

Jerry wyatt

Really ? Obviously a judgemental set of tards want to make assumptions
I have paid cs since I was 17
16 years now never getting to see my son my home burns to the ground and child support wants to argue about the payment details all I had was a question and I get this .... thanks really
May you be blessed with all that I have had endured peace

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
16 years now never getting to see my son my home burns to the ground and child support wants to argue about the payment details all I had was a question and I get this .... thanks really
Save it.

Your hard luck story is no worse than that of anyone else here.

Bye.

Silverplum

Your (nasty) post makes no sense whatsoever.

:rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You are, of course, free to pay an attorney to answer your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">