• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Termination of Child Support Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dthorpe66

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Me and the mother has decided to terminate the child support order because my son will be spending more time with me 50/50 and we no longer need the assistance of the courts. Our son is 15 and the mother has already filed the Request to Close Case form with the Child Support Enforcement Agency here in Palm Beach County Florida.

My question is do we need to file a motion or an order to terminate child support with the courts to terminate the order to avoid back child support? If so is this something we can do ourselves and what form would we need?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Me and the mother has decided to terminate the child support order because my son will be spending more time with me 50/50 and we no longer need the assistance of the courts. Our son is 15 and the mother has already filed the Request to Close Case form with the Child Support Enforcement Agency here in Palm Beach County Florida.

My question is do we need to file a motion or an order to terminate child support with the courts to terminate the order to avoid back child support? If so is this something we can do ourselves and what form would we need?
You need to file an agreed entry (if you both agree) in the proper court of jurisdiction outlining that your son is going to be with you more time and that child support is to be terminated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">