• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termination of support and overpayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

benski

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
My daughter turned 18 in April 2013, but because she hadn't graduated high school I was still paying support. When the school year ended she moved out of her mom's house and dropped out of school. I called the csea in August and told them she would not be enrolling in school, they said they would verify this. I called again in September and was told they hadn't verified it. I contacted the school in November and was told her enrollment in school had ended in August. I called the csea and asked what was being done. They told me that they had verified her enrollment in September, I asked which school and they could not tell me. I told them what the school had mailed me, they asked if I could fax my info to them, I did. Now in December my support is being terminated as of 8/25/2013. Will I get my overpayment back?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
My daughter turned 18 in April 2013, but because she hadn't graduated high school I was still paying support. When the school year ended she moved out of her mom's house and dropped out of school. I called the csea in August and told them she would not be enrolling in school, they said they would verify this. I called again in September and was told they hadn't verified it. I contacted the school in November and was told her enrollment in school had ended in August. I called the csea and asked what was being done. They told me that they had verified her enrollment in September, I asked which school and they could not tell me. I told them what the school had mailed me, they asked if I could fax my info to them, I did. Now in December my support is being terminated as of 8/25/2013. Will I get my overpayment back?

You should, yes. You might need to actually sue the CP though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">