• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

texas child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrsLewis

my husband is currently paying $422/month to the mother of his first child in court ordered child support. he is thinking of going back to school full time and i would financially support us during that period. since he would not be getting an income of any kind does anyone know what they might use to base the updated monthly rate at? when i was a child and my father stopped working they used a 40 hr work week at minimum wage to base his new rate; is this still the case?
just trying to get an idea if we can afford for him to go back to school in order to advance further in his career. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Silverplum

my husband is currently paying $422/month to the mother of his first child in court ordered child support. he is thinking of going back to school full time and i would financially support us during that period. since he would not be getting an income of any kind does anyone know what they might use to base the updated monthly rate at? when i was a child and my father stopped working they used a 40 hr work week at minimum wage to base his new rate; is this still the case?
just trying to get an idea if we can afford for him to go back to school in order to advance further in his career. any advice would be greatly appreciated!
No. Going to school is a choice and not a change in circumstances. CS would remain the same as if he was working.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">