• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Child Support-State Requirement (3rd Child/Different Mother)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kbags

I am due to have a child in January. I plan on putting the child's father on child support once she is born. This will be his 3rd child (his other 2 children are with his ex-wife). He and his ex-wife have a divorce decree that orders he pay $1,500 per month in child support for their 2 children regardless of his monthly income. This is paid out in semi-monthly installments of $750 that is taken directly from his paychecks. The amount that he pays monthly is greater than the standard state minimum requirements for monthly child support. That being said, how will the state calculate his monthly financial obligation for the child that I have due in January? Will the fact that he pays more than what is required for his first 2 children have any effect on what the state will order he pay for the child I am having?

Thank you in advance for accurate information anyone is able to provide!

LdiJ

I am due to have a child in January. I plan on putting the child's father on child support once she is born. This will be his 3rd child (his other 2 children are with his ex-wife). He and his ex-wife have a divorce decree that orders he pay $1,500 per month in child support for their 2 children regardless of his monthly income. This is paid out in semi-monthly installments of $750 that is taken directly from his paychecks. The amount that he pays monthly is greater than the standard state minimum requirements for monthly child support. That being said, how will the state calculate his monthly financial obligation for the child that I have due in January? Will the fact that he pays more than what is required for his first 2 children have any effect on what the state will order he pay for the child I am having?

Thank you in advance for accurate information anyone is able to provide!
What he pays in child support for his other children will be deducted from his income before the calculation is done to determine how much child support he will pay for your mutual child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">