• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Child surpportLaws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justsandy34

What is the name of your state? Texas
My husband has a son from a previous relationship and he owes back child surpport from the day the child was born till now. He found out that this child was his son when he was 3yrs old. He has been paying surpport and was arrested for NC on 24th of Dec. He stayed in Jail for 3 weeks and the judge let him go so he can bring in money on the 15th of Feb. My question is if we move to another state can he be extradited back to texas from Illinois. He has a job there that can pay him more to pay this surport but if he goes to Illinois I dont want him to go to jail up there too.. Please Help.. We have 2 small boys togather ...

LdiJ

Justsandy34 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
My husband has a son from a previous relationship and he owes back child surpport from the day the child was born till now. He found out that this child was his son when he was 3yrs old. He has been paying surpport and was arrested for NC on 24th of Dec. He stayed in Jail for 3 weeks and the judge let him go so he can bring in money on the 15th of Feb. My question is if we move to another state can he be extradited back to texas from Illinois. He has a job there that can pay him more to pay this surport but if he goes to Illinois I dont want him to go to jail up there too.. Please Help.. We have 2 small boys togather ...

Yes, he can be arrested there too...and extradited. However if he pays at least as much monthly as he has been ordered to pay, or even more, then an arrest is unlikely no matter where he lives.

Justsandy34

Help

Hi i am from Texas, my question is this, on december 24, i was arrested for Contemp of court, and was in jail for 3 weeks, the judge let me out with me promicing to pay 1,000 if not it will still be contemp of court and i will have to serve 180 days, now if i m ove to Ill with my wife can i b e extredited back to texas on a misdtemeanor contemp charge.. but i still pay m y monthly child support

Last edited:

LdiJ

Justsandy34 said:
Hi i am from Texas, my question is this, on december 24, i was arrested for Contemp of court, and was in jail for 3 weeks, the judge let me out with me promicing to pay 1,000 if not it will still be contemp of court and i will have to serve 180 days, now if i m ove to Ill with my wife can i b e extredited back to texas on a misdtemeanor contemp charge.. but i still pay m y monthly child support
Yes you can be...Texas takes it pretty seriously. Why not just pay the 1000.00 and do things right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">