• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas OAG incorrectly assesses arrears in the amount of $13,000 !!!! Please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tomas30

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
Hi , I'm active military and the ARMY takes 1500 per month out of my check every month. I CAN'T miss a payment. I don't have a choice. I received a letter from attorney general stating I am 13,000 in arrears, which is not possible. I have an LES to prove it. I called over and over , even faxed them my LES's showing the amount being taken out every year. Nothing has been done. I ask to speak to supervisors, but never get anyone who knows what they are doing. I now received two letters stating that there is a lien being placed on an insurance claim of mine and that a new Order of Withholding is being sent to my employer!
Can they do this?? I don't know what to do to get this resolved. Please help!!! I have looked up information on a few sites and apparently I am not the 1st one this has happened to through Texas OAG.... I would appreciate anyone's comments,,,

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There is no need to create another thread about the same subject.

ETA: Ahh, I see you deleted your prior thread

I have saved every pay stub and cancelled check since my support order was first established back in 2000 because I'm paranoid of this same thing happening to me.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">