• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas OAG Modification Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DangeloJ

What is the name of your state? Texas (them) Me (NJ)

My questions: (about a modification under Texas law.)

If I pay the Insurance premium am I still responsible for copays?

What is a Texas OAG modification process like:
-How long does it take for them to process one of these?
-Along with giving up the documents they will want should I show up to court?

A plane ticket will costs hundreds but I dont want it to cost me more in the long run.

Last edited:

penelope10

What is the name of your state? Texas (them) Me (NJ)

Divorced 12.5 years ago, son AGE 13. Ordered to pay support in the divorce. This state had no automatic means of payment. Paid all payments through auto deduction from my check and later with personal checks. 9 Months ago Texas A.G. put on my credit report that I'm in arreas the amount times 13 years. Gathered 13 years of proof and sends it in to Texas A.G. Son's mother denies all but some payments (stark lie) to the case worker. Case work gives her 1 week to disprove her signature on over 100 check copies. She never responds. Now I pay Texas A.G. the support each month (from the 12 year old order!). 3 months later I get a letter for 3k in Overages since I've periodically increased for support over the years without any kind of modification. I'm still fixing the garnishment they did to my home state by mistake.

During a recent telephone calls things got nasty. She says she will take me to court (for more support). She'll get substaintial increase because I make substantially more now.. no problem it's the law. She will blow this money on everything but my son but again it's the Law.

My questions:

If I pay the insurance premium how can I get her to be responsible for the co-pays?
(This is someone who does not pay bills. I dont want Bills in my name going to her house. They will NEVER get paid.)

What is a Texas OAG modification process like:
-How long does it take for them to process one of these?
-Along with giving up the documents they will want should I show up to court?

A plane ticket will costs hundreds but I dont want it to cost me more in the long run.
Why would you need an automatic means of payment? All you had to do was write a check and mail it to the child support office.

And I thought you were talking about CS. What does this have to with insurance? Unless kiddo has gotten some public assistance regarding medical and now they're going after you.

This is what happens when there is an order in place and parties decide to go outside the order.

Last edited:

DangeloJ

Why would you need an automatic means of payment? All you had to do was write a check and mail it to the child support office.

And I thought you were talking about CS. What does this have to with insurance? Unless kiddo has gotten some public assistance regarding medical and now they're going after you.

This is what happens when there is an order in place and parties decide to go outside the order.
WTF. Did you even read my questions? I'm asking about the future, the past issues are satisfied.

Please someone with Texas OAG experience or constructive advice please chime in. Thanx

Last edited:

penelope10

WTF. Did you even read my questions? I'm asking about the future, the past issues are satisfied. No one went outside of any order.

Please someone with Texas OAG please chime in.
Look Bud your post is not that clear. I asked you some questions for clarification. And nobody here reads minds.

A sterling author you are not. Can the snotty attitude.

DangeloJ

Man.. you dumb TX ****s must have a network.

Write your letters, stalk your EX and leave my posts alone.

DangeloJ

Thanks anyway. I used the search and got the answers.

1. Court allows for spliting the copays although not laid out by Texas codes .
2. Texas OAG takes 3 to 11 months to file. Filing with a lawyer can take as little as 30 days but NCP only pays lawyer when in arrears which I am not.
3. The consensus here is to show up with a lawyer or a can of Vaseline.

Penelope I should appologize to you for calling you a **** (ryhmes with what Matt McBriar does so well) . That wasn't in order but it's kinda frustrating when someone has a bad day (looked at your post before mine) and then trys to push it on others. I looked at some of your 1000+ posts here and you seem to be a bitter person. All the more reason to not take it personal. My point was to come here for answers to my questions and I got them and more.

Thanks Again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">