• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there back child support if spouse didnt ask the courts for it before divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ormond

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
child is now 18 and will graduate this may. wife filed child support papers with her financial report.
a friend told me she has to ask the courts for support even before the divorce starts. been separated since 4/09
going to family mediation in march. already saw the magistrate and judge on the same day. Get this,, the judge excused her from the manditory 4 hr child course as well. but then he didnt know she was asking for back child support until after being excused.

child is now 18 and will graduate this may. wife filed child support papers with her financial report.
a friend told me she has to ask the courts for support even before the divorce starts. been separated since 4/09
going to family mediation in march. already saw the magistrate and judge on the same day. Get this,, the judge excused her from the manditory 4 hr child course as well. but then he didnt know she was asking for back child support until after being excused.

She may be entitled to child support from the date she first filed for support.

Is there a reason you think the child course is related to her asking for child support? :confused:

ormond

well i guess manditory is not manditory. I took the course,,,it has alot of great information. question is: is there back child support if she didnt ask for it before we went to court. our son stays with me most of the time,, he basically sleeps at his mom's home.

well i guess manditory is not manditory. I took the course,,,it has alot of great information. question is: is there back child support if she didnt ask for it before we went to court. our son stays with me most of the time,, he basically sleeps at his mom's home.

I'm sorry, maybe I misphrased.

Why do you think her taking the course is related to her asking for child support?

Do you think that child support should not be awarded until she takes the course?

ormond

i dont know. so far she has snuffed off the courts by filing late her financial affid, and child support, then not taking the course. If the courts and all the paper work says manditory......anyways, I'm going with what the judge says,,all the way.

Gracie3787

Basically, it will be up to the Judge.

Florida law does allow for retro support back to the date that the parents stopped living together, so be prepared for the possibilty of paying CS from 4/09 to 6/10.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">