• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tired of paying support to a crazy girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shubee1765

What is the name of your state? georgia

MY husband has a son by a old girlfriend. He doesnt see the child due to his crazy mother. The child support recovery agency has had his license revoked due to back child support. He owes $950.00 total. This year his tax refunds will cover over $700.00 of that $950.00. Is it possible to sign over parental rights and not have to pay support anymore? We are at our wits end dealing with this all the time. It would be different if we got to see the child. What are our rights. Does this lady have to my husband see this child?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You have no rights. He apparently is legally the father and therefore he has the right to petition for visitation, custody, etc. If he has a visitation order and she's not following it, he needs to enforce his rights. And no, he can't sign away his rights unless the ex has a husband who'd be willing to adopt the kid.

AHA

If hubby paid for his child's upbringing in time every month, him AND you would not have to be at your "wits end all the time".

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The question is - what does the order say (is there even a visitation order in place?) and what has Dad done to enforce his rights? OP hasn't given any information about that at all. He's still not going to be able to sign off his rights to get out of paying support.

Ambr

StepmomsAreBest said:
But what is his motivation to pay for a STRANGER? :confused:
The same motivation he had 40 weeks before the child was born.

He helped create the child, He should help RAISE AND SUPPORT the child.

Last edited:
he doesn't see the child because of the crazy mother what kind of crap is that? if he would pay his **** on time she wouldn't have to keep bothering him for payments. nothing should stop a real man from seeing his child. not even the mother. i've been the child in this kind of situation and now i'm a mother of this kind of situation shame on the daddy shame shame shame for not seeing his kid and blameing the mother the kid will grow up and realize what is going on and who do you think the kid is going to blame?

AHA

StepmomsAreBest said:
But what is his motivation to pay for a STRANGER? :confused:
What world are YOU living in, where you don't have to financially support your child???? It's up to each and every parent to make sure they get to know their child, it's not up to the kid and it's not up to the other parent, that's why we have courts and judges. If parents were to exercise that right to the fullest extent, then maybe some of them wouldn't see their children as nothing but an expense.

You people just don't get it :rolleyes:
What is the NCP supposed to do? Chase the CP all over the country and sit in court everyday trying to fight a losing battle? That costs MONEY ya know. In my opinion, the CP should be adult enough and mature enough to let the NCP see the child in the first place without playing games and hiding all over the place and using the children as pawns. Afterall, isn't it the CP who thinks the NCP should be "responsible" enough to pay their child support? Then be responsible enough to let the NCP see his/her children. Geez. What the **** is so hard to understand about that?????????

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
StepmomsAreBest said:
What is the NCP supposed to do? Chase the CP all over the country and sit in court everyday trying to fight a losing battle? That costs MONEY ya know. In my opinion, the CP should be adult enough and mature enough to let the NCP see the child in the first place without playing games and hiding all over the place and using the children as pawns. Afterall, isn't it the CP who thinks the NCP should be "responsible" enough to pay their child support? Then be responsible enough to let the NCP see his/her children. Geez. What the **** is so hard to understand about that?????????
Sweetheart - you have no idea if that's the situation in this case or not. OP hasn't bothered to fill us in. If he has a visitation order, Dad needs to bring it to the attention of the court that he's being denied his rights. If he does not have a visitation order, he needs to get one. So before going all righteous, at least try and find out what the actual situation is.

gphjr

StepmomsAreBest said:
I SAY AMEN TO THAT

Ambr

gphjr said:
I SAY AMEN TO THAT
You fight....fight.....and keep fighting. NEVER giving up on your child.

If you sit back and do NOTHING, do you know how easy it is for a cruel CP to say....see....NCP doesn't love you or NCP would here. We are talking some really warped children as a result of just giving up because it was too difficult.

If NCP doesn't want to be PROACTIVE, then NCP doesn't have a right to complain about ANYTHING!!!!

Shay-Pari'e

StepmomsAreBest said:

No, YOU do not get it. YOU have not gotten it, and YOU will never get it. All you do is spew your personal agenda on every thread because you have been told that your husband has rights, but does not seek them. He's given up remember?

You really have a warped sense of reality. The statement you made about motivating someone to pay support for a stranger, was really unreal.

Did you even read the first post?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">