• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tpr & vpr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scott.blake

I live in North. Carolina and I got a problem. I make my CS payments on time and my ex is crazy and keeps my young'in from me... in the past year I've seen my daughter maybe at most 2 weeks total. The past 10 yrs have been hell on earth and to get a better picture, while I was in Iraq she was cheating on me and having my daughter call another man daddy! I need help... I've done my research. She don't want me to see her (my daughter ), she wants it to happen:mad:... how can I get a TPR (termination of parental rights ) or VTPR ( voluntary termination of parental rights).:mad:

Antigone*

I live in North. Carolina and I got a problem. I make my CS payments on time and my ex is crazy and keeps my young'in from me... in the past year I've seen my daughter maybe at most 2 weeks total. The past 10 yrs have been hell on earth and to get a better picture, while I was in Iraq she was cheating on me and having my daughter call another man daddy! I need help... I've done my research. She don't want me to see her (my daughter ), she wants it to happen:mad:... how can I get a TPR (termination of parental rights ) or VTPR ( voluntary termination of parental rights).:mad:
Are there any custody & visitation orders in place?

What makes you think children are disposable?

Proserpina

(What did the research tell you?)

Do you actually have an order for visitation?

If you do - enforce it.

If you don't - get one.

Otherwise, you cannot terminate your rights unless Mom has remarried and her husband is willing to adopt.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What have you done to enforce your time with your daughter? DO you actually have visitation/custody orders?

tuffbrk

So since you're annoyed that you only spent 2 weeks with your daughter this year you want to terminate your patental rights? As opposed to to obtaining more visitation.

So guess your 10 yo is going to find out that Daddy would rather remove her from his life than pay child support and that money is the root of all evil. Poor lil punkin.

Before you approach your ex to find out if her new man would like to adopt your child, put yourself in your duaghter's shoes, talk to a counselor about what kind of effect your actions may have on her.

I sincerely hope your question was posted out of frustration and is not reflective of your intentions.

OHRoadwarrior

Take a deep breath and try to relax. Though you feel that may be best for your mental state, is that really what is best for your daughter? If you have been to Iraq, you know how life can be. You may even be suffering some after effects from it. My stepdaughter calls me dad. She also calls her real father dad. When you have only been in her life a few weeks a year, that is what happens. What you need to do, is file contempt charges if your visitation is not being followed or try to get visitation amended to increase the time you get to spend with her.

Post your visitation orders here. Many members will try and clue you as to what is normal compared to what you have. You can then proceed from there. Don't beat yourself up over this.

Thank You for your service.

mistoffolees

And you've gotten your legal answers. Let me spell them out for you:

- You're not likely to get a termination of parental rights. If Mom were to remarry and the new husband wanted to adopt, then it could probably be arranged, but since there's no sign that that is the case, TPR isn't going to happen.

- If you're not getting visitation, you can file for it and get a court order. It's not really that hard. Google 'self-help visitation north carolina'.

- Until you have a court order for visitation, Mom doesn't have to let you see the child AT ALL.

- If you're paying too much CS, you can request a modification. Google 'child support calculator nc' to find out what you should be paying.

There's really no otehr legal issue involved.

It's really up to you. You're not going to get out of paying child support, so you have to choose - child support with NO visitation or child support WITH visitation. The latter will require some effort on your part.

Last edited by a moderator:

scott.blake

I shouldn't have posted anything... a person just gets hammered for asking ?'s, but you guys are right.. ur probably walking on water as I speak.

ProSeDadinMD

"I don't get to see my child as much as I want to pretend I would like to, so therefore I want to terminate my rights" is not a valid legal argument.

Dude, if you want to see your child, fight for it...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">