• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to weasel out of paying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dragonflie

TX,but the court order is in Mo,now he says he doesn't have to pay the whole child support payment cause he has had her for 2 weeks only,but i drove her there and paid for the hotels and gas,and food.This is just dumb cause its a Court Order! I just saved him plane tickets and so on is this right or is he obilgated to the court order?help!

tigger22472

dragonflie said:
TX,but the court order is in Mo,now he says he doesn't have to pay the whole child support payment cause he has had her for 2 weeks only,but i drove her there and paid for the hotels and gas,and food.This is just dumb cause its a Court Order! I just saved him plane tickets and so on is this right or is he obilgated to the court order?help!

Unless the order states that he is given a discount on support for having the child in excess of a certain amount of days it is presumed the court ordered visitation is figured already in the support and the amount stated is owed every week, 52 weeks a year.

Gracie3787

dragonflie said:
It doesn't matter what he (or even you) "say". What does matter is what the court order says. Read your CO, if there isn't a provision in it for abatement during extended visits just show him the order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">