• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turned order over to child support enforcement, questions about process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

Just back with a procedure question...I mailed in the affidavit (been a couple of weeks) and I faxed the court order (been I think 5-6 days). I called today to make sure they were received and they have not been...is that normal? When I send something in, what kind of time frame can I expect for it to show up? I don't want to bug them but I want to follow up and do my part to make it smooth. Thanks:)
I had the same issue, asked the rep on the phone for an email address, and she provided it. I emailed the docs while I was on the phone with her, she confirmed that she'd received them, and we were good to go.

BUT - EVERYTHING goes to a mail room for sorting/stamping/distribution. You can imagine how much STUFF they receive every day... I'd give it a bit. :)

I had the same issue, asked the rep on the phone for an email address, and she provided it. I emailed the docs while I was on the phone with her, she confirmed that she'd received them, and we were good to go.

BUT - EVERYTHING goes to a mail room for sorting/stamping/distribution. You can imagine how much STUFF they receive every day... I'd give it a bit. :)
Thanks, I just called again and it does show after she dug around a little (at first she said no the Affidavit wasn't there). I checked online before I called and the entire amount with no credit was showing...I was greatly concerned about that because I didn't know when they contact him, and I do not want him to think I am trying to collect for the years he did pay. It turns out he did call them, but right after this was opened (I am so impressed with this agency, they move so much faster than I had anticipated!) and I am positive the amount wasn't there yet. Now if he calls, it will show that credit is pending. He did contact daughter but didn't say anything...just sent her a text after not talking to her for 2 months asking her why she hasn't contacted him...sigh. He knows I've filed though and I haven't yet received any pipe bombs from his wife so I'll consider myself lucky so far. My guess is he'll cooperate with them, but modify.

Next step, they sent me something to verify her school stuff since she is over 18, and they said at that point it will be out of review and in enforcement once the credit is applied.

It greatly helps me through this process to hear your experience CJane!

Just checked online, it shows they gave him the credit, so that is great! It shows only the past dues, doesn't mention current (like for January, February this year). Is that normal? I wouldn't think it would be waiting for the info about her school since it is just 2014 it is missing and she has been 18 since 2012.

I received a form that is due today, on Saturday :( so I tried to get the email address, that did not work...I faxed it over and they noted it. Found out they are ready to enforce once they see that form, and it was sent to the credit reporting agencies.

I felt bad for a minute...why do I feel guilty?

CJane

I received a form that is due today, on Saturday :( so I tried to get the email address, that did not work...I faxed it over and they noted it. Found out they are ready to enforce once they see that form, and it was sent to the credit reporting agencies.

I felt bad for a minute...why do I feel guilty?
I don't think it's abnormal. I'd worry more if you were gloating or feeling all GOTCHA! about it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't think it's abnormal. I'd worry more if you were gloating or feeling all GOTCHA! about it.
No *I* feel bad, because if I ever saw a penny of the $160k+ that I'm owed, I'd be dancing in the streets!

single317dad

No *I* feel bad, because if I ever saw a penny of the $160k+ that I'm owed, I'd be dancing in the streets!
My ex's unpaid support will only add up to about $40k over the child's whole life, so I guess I don't have as much to dance about. We could add our 0's together and fold paper airplanes though. I have a couple of good designs to share.

Zigner

My ex's unpaid support will only add up to about $40k over the child's whole life, so I guess I don't have as much to dance about. We could add our 0's together and fold paper airplanes though. I have a couple of good designs to share.
I had/have 3 she wasn't/isn't paying towards.

I just have one with him...and owed is currently $20+ (don't want to name exact amount but it is even more than I thought, apparently I can't subtract), he did pay for years so for that I am fortunate. I'm sure he'll pay again, I can't see him risking all the bad things that will happen if he doesn't. He probably genuinely thought I wouldn't bother.

One thing to give him credit for...so far, he has not let his wife find daughter's phone number, because I'm 100% certain she would have called her if she could. He also did not ask daughter about it, and we now know he knew what was happening last time he contacted her. So, good job there.

I can't wait for the day that I can send her some extra cash for pizza or whatever else she wants to do with it...and pay for her back wisdom teeth bill...I just want the simple things in life, I don't need a plane.

Although obviously a plane would kick hiney...I can see it now...seats bigger than a postage stamp, lots of leg room, no one complaining if you recline your seat, and of course a full bar :p. Ingredients to make a Lapu Lapu from Disney's Polynesian resort would be a must, including the pineapple. I think I'd head to Kailua-Kona if I had a plane today...

Zigner

To be fair...
$160k doesn't get you seats bigger than a postage stamp when buying a plane ;)

To be fair...
$160k doesn't get you seats bigger than a postage stamp when buying a plane ;)
It is only a high of 76 in Kona today...and appears to be cloudy...but I think still worth squeezing into that stamp sized seat!

My parents have it pretty rough right now...high of 10 degrees...eek. We might get a lot of rain but I'll take 40 degrees and rain over that crap any day. Come to think of it...I could fly to Hawaii for around $300 from here... I don't even need to buy a plane...but I might have to sleep on the beach though:)

Wow. There are now ads on this site for Kailua...ads are smart aren't they? That fast, they realized what I might be interested in and are targeting me :eek:!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">