• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two questions: Child Support Modification? & Kids exposed to ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Esmomx3

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
My first question is: If I wanted to file for a modification of our current child support order, how would I need to go about doing that? Also, which state would I file it in since I no longer live in the state where our divorce was filed? From the sound of things, it seems as if it is almost impossible to get a modification. My ex lives in Arkansas and I live in TN.

My next questionis: My husband is a huge BEER fan, drinking and collecting memorabilia. He has decorated his entire house with beer logos and beer collectables. Some of them are of half naked women and obscene pictures and gestures. Our children are boys the age of 6 and 4 and I do NOT approve of them being subjected to this, is there anything I can do? He buys them hats with beer logos on them. They can spot a Budwiser truck a mile away, yelling look momma a Dale Jr. truck (for those of you who know racing). Drinking is the reason we are divorced and now it seems as if he has built his life around it. Should our children have to go there and be forced to see such things? Their father is such a role model in their life and I am worried they will start to think it is ok to drink.

LdiJ

Esmomx3 said:
My first question is: If I wanted to file for a modification of our current child support order, how would I need to go about doing that? Also, which state would I file it in since I no longer live in the state where our divorce was filed? From the sound of things, it seems as if it is almost impossible to get a modification. My ex lives in Arkansas and I live in TN.

My next questionis: My husband is a huge BEER fan, drinking and collecting memorabilia. He has decorated his entire house with beer logos and beer collectables. Some of them are of half naked women and obscene pictures and gestures. Our children are boys the age of 6 and 4 and I do NOT approve of them being subjected to this, is there anything I can do? He buys them hats with beer logos on them. They can spot a Budwiser truck a mile away, yelling look momma a Dale Jr. truck (for those of you who know racing). Drinking is the reason we are divorced and now it seems as if he has built his life around it. Should our children have to go there and be forced to see such things? Their father is such a role model in their life and I am worried they will start to think it is ok to drink.
Hon...you are going to have to live with this one...yeah, its tacky and not necessarily the best thing for your kids...but a judge isn't going to take dad's visitation away over it and the judge isn't going to order him to redecorate.

Gracie3787

Esmomx3 said:

Does your ex still live in the state that the divorce was in? If so that is where you'd have to file.

Esmomx3

Gracie3787 said:
Does your ex still live in the state that the divorce was in? If so that is where you'd have to file.
No he moved to Arkansas and the kids and I live in Tennessee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">