• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TX Max Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ParentTX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

What circumstances would the judge order more child support than the max cap of $8550 to determine the calculation? Does the judge order more than the max often? My ex believes she is entitled to 25% of my gross that is far above the max of $8550. I can't find any support on the TX Attorney General's website about the cap.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

What circumstances would the judge order more child support than the max cap of $8550 to determine the calculation? Does the judge order more than the max often? My ex believes she is entitled to 25% of my gross that is far above the max of $8550. I can't find any support on the TX Attorney General's website about the cap.

And the reason you don't have an attorney for this is....what?

ParentTX

I do have an attorney. They are currently out of the office. I was just trying to obtain any insight from the boards today. Thank you for your replies.

Proserpina

I do have an attorney. They are currently out of the office. I was just trying to obtain any insight from the boards today. Thank you for your replies.

The only real answer is "It depends". That's not being flippant - it's just that once you become subject to the higher amounts, it really is on a case-by-case basis.

This is about the best I could find on short notice:

http://divorcemediationtexas.com/what-we-do/child-support/how-to-calculate

Silverplum

TX Family Code Sec 154.126 addresses your issue: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/FA/htm/FA.154.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">