• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UIFSA Registration, Enforcement, Contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msmegan21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM and TX

I am the CP living in NM and the NCP lives in Texas with arrears of $24k. There is a court date set for August 30, 2011 in Texas for Registration, Enforcement and Contempt. I have not received any notification if I need to appear or not, I was never served, Texas told me to go through the NM office for any information. I have called the Child Support Office in NM and they do not have any information on what I need to do. Is it normal for them not to ask me to participate in an interstate case? I don’t want this to some how slow the process; I am pretty sure they were able to serve him and I don’t want me not participating to cause the court date to be rescheduled. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

msmegan21

Update

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM and TX

I am the CP living in NM and the NCP lives in Texas with arrears of $24k. There is a court date set for August 30, 2011 in Texas for Registration, Enforcement and Contempt. I have not received any notification if I need to appear or not, I was never served, Texas told me to go through the NM office for any information. I have called the Child Support Office in NM and they do not have any information on what I need to do. Is it normal for them not to ask me to participate in an interstate case? I don’t want this to some how slow the process; I am pretty sure they were able to serve him and I don’t want me not participating to cause the court date to be rescheduled. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I was informed I was not to participate. The court date was postponed and a new one was set for Sept 27 due to lack of service. He has since been served. He is in the process of asking for a modification in New Mexico. I have a new question.

Can I subpeona a contractor that he subcontracts for to prove he signed the contracts and has been on job sites? He is claiming unemployment as a grounds for reduction. They are Texas and I am in New Mexico.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">