• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unable to pay child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mystified07

What is the name of your state?
We live in Montana, but the court where the child support was implicated is in Clark County, Washington.

I had my child support pre-paid through my share of equity in my past home with my ex-wife from Dec 2005 to March 2007. Beginning April 2008 I was to pay out of pocket child support to my ex-wife.
However, daycare expenses were to be verified by my ex-wife to determine the amount I would be paying and I only received one month's documentation for Feb. 2008. I went ahead and paid her the full amount of child support for April 2008 ($596.56), but am wondering if I made the correct decision, as I do not feel that she provided enough documentation for expenses for the past three years since we have been divorced. I am thinking that I should have paid the $255.60 for the month, as the child support worksheet states if expenses are not verified. I am also wondering what I should do for the upcoming month as far as child support expenses are concerned (which amount I should pay) and if child support payments would be suspended or not while the new paperwork with the modification of child support is being compiled.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state?
We live in Montana, but the court where the child support was implicated is in Clark County, Washington.

I had my child support pre-paid through my share of equity in my past home with my ex-wife from Dec 2005 to March 2007. Beginning April 2008 I was to pay out of pocket child support to my ex-wife.
However, daycare expenses were to be verified by my ex-wife to determine the amount I would be paying and I only received one month's documentation for Feb. 2008. I went ahead and paid her the full amount of child support for April 2008 ($596.56), but am wondering if I made the correct decision, as I do not feel that she provided enough documentation for expenses for the past three years since we have been divorced. I am thinking that I should have paid the $255.60 for the month, as the child support worksheet states if expenses are not verified. I am also wondering what I should do for the upcoming month as far as child support expenses are concerned (which amount I should pay) and if child support payments would be suspended or not while the new paperwork with the modification of child support is being compiled.
This is very confusing. Please post the EXACT wording of your court order. (leaving out names). Without that, no one can help you figure it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">