• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unable to pay child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bunkaj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am a non-custodal parent. My ex-husband has moved to TN with my son and has refused to let me see him. This last summer they were in NY and did not let me know so that I could see him. When I call to talk to him they will not answer the phone. The first time I went to court for child support I was only legally obligated to pay $50/month, but I was making enough money to support myself and agreed to pay $60 bi-weekly instead. Since then I have lost my job and decided to go back to school. The judge would not alow me to lower my payments back to the original $50/month. Now I am also pregnant and unable to work due to complications with my pregnancy. My ex-husband is now trying to force me into signing over my rights to my son and is taking me back to court for unpaid child support and medical expences. I can not afford to pay my child support and am afraid that I might loose my son for ever. Is there anything that I can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">