• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncollected Child Support / Tax Return

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dessire0610

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

I LIVED WITH THE FATHER OF MY DAUGHTER FOR 5 YEARS, WE WERE NOT LEGALLY MARRY. I FILED FOR CHILD SUPPORT IN FEBRUARY 2006 BECAUSE HE WASN'T PAYING ANY CHILD SUPPORT VOLUNTARY SINCE OCT. 2005. WILL I BE ABLE TO COLLECT THE UNPAID CHILD SUPPORT OR WILL I ONLY GET PAID CHILD SUPPORT STARTING FROM THE DATE THE I FILED FOR CHILD SUPPORT?

ALSO WE MADE A VERBAL AGREEMENT THAT HE WAS TO CLAIM THE CHILD IN HIS INCOME TAX RETURN SINCE IN 2005 I ONLY WORKED 6 MONTHS AND HE WORKED THE ENTIRE YEAR. WHEN HE GOT HIS TAX RETURN HE ONLY GAVE ME $500 AND REFUSED TO GIVE ME WHAT WAS AGREED UPON. WHEN I TAKE HIM TO COURT THIS COMING MAY FOR CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS, WILL THE JUDGE MAKE HIM PAY THE REST OF THE AMOUNT OWN TO ME OR IS IT TRUE THAT SINCE HE CLAIMED OUR CHILD HE IS OBLIGATED TO GIVE ME HALF OF THE RETURN?:(

****AND YES HIS NAME IS ON THE BC AND I HAVE THE ACKNOWLEDMENT OF PATERNITY, PATERNITY WAS LEGALLY ESTABLISHED****

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
dessire0610 said:

I LIVED WITH THE FATHER OF MY DAUGHTER FOR 5 YEARS, WE WERE NOT LEGALLY MARRY. I FILED FOR CHILD SUPPORT IN FEBRUARY 2006 BECAUSE HE WASN'T PAYING ANY CHILD SUPPORT VOLUNTARY SINCE OCT. 2005. WILL I BE ABLE TO COLLECT THE UNPAID CHILD SUPPORT OR WILL I ONLY GET PAID CHILD SUPPORT STARTING FROM THE DATE THE I FILED FOR CHILD SUPPORT?

ALSO WE MADE A VERBAL AGREEMENT THAT HE WAS TO CLAIM THE CHILD IN HIS INCOME TAX RETURN SINCE IN 2005 I ONLY WORKED 6 MONTHS AND HE WORKED THE ENTIRE YEAR. WHEN HE GOT HIS TAX RETURN HE ONLY GAVE ME $500 AND REFUSED TO GIVE ME WHAT WAS AGREED UPON. WHEN I TAKE HIM TO COURT THIS COMING MAY FOR CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS, WILL THE JUDGE MAKE HIM PAY THE REST OF THE AMOUNT OWN TO ME OR IS IT TRUE THAT SINCE HE CLAIMED OUR CHILD HE IS OBLIGATED TO GIVE ME HALF OF THE RETURN?:(
Good grief. Was paternity LEGALLY established and no that does not mean is his name on the birth certificate. WAS IT LEGALLY ESTABLISHED?

Ohiogal said:
Good grief. Was paternity LEGALLY established and no that does not mean is his name on the birth certificate. WAS IT LEGALLY ESTABLISHED?
In some states his name on the birth certificate is good enough because that means he puts hisself as the kids father plus he was taking care of the kid for however many years and it's hard to change that once he's put on the BC .

Last edited by a moderator:
S

StewieGriffin

tphillips357 said:
In some states his name on the birth certificate is good enough because that means he puts hisself as the kids father plus he was taking care of the kid for however many years and it's hard to change that once he's put on the BC .
Part of this is not correct.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
tphillips357 said:
And you do realize you are wrong. Correct?

abstract99

tphillips357 said:
They were never married. Your information is wrong.

BelizeBreeze

tphillips357 said:
Actually, that is incorrect. Even if his name is on the birth certificate, the AOP and plastered on billboards across the state, legally he must be adjudicated the father of the child.

The documents being signed by the alleged father are simply recognition of paternity, NOT legal paternity.

dessire0610 said:

****AND YES HIS NAME IS ON THE BC AND I HAVE THE ACKNOWLEDMENT OF PATERNITY, PATERNITY WAS LEGALLY ESTABLISHED****
Ok you answered some questions that a lot of people have been talking about. But there is still some questions to be answered. Like when did you and the child move out? Since you and the kid did live with him and he did support the child for 5 years the Judge will look at because he was supporting his child. I mean there wasn't any order for support and he was supporting his child. You can throw that verbal agreement out the window because that's all he said she said BS. He supported his child and you worked 2. So why would you be intitled to half of his taxes when you can file your own? He gave you $500 of the taxes, supported his kid and you for 5 years.

Last edited:

Just Blue

tphillips357 said:
Ok you answered some questions that a lot of people have been talking about. But there is still some questions to be answered. Like when did you and the child move out? Since you and the kid did live with him and he did support the child for 5 years the Judge will look at because he was supporting his child. I mean there wasn't any order for support and he was supporting his child. You can throw that verbal agreement out the window because that's all he said she said BS. He supported his child and you worked 2. So why would you be intitled to half of his taxes when you can file your own? He gave you $500 of the taxes, supported his kid and you for 5 years and now you want to try to get back child support for those 5 years that he did support his kid.

That is NOT what she said! She wants child support from the time he STOPPED supporting his child...Oct. 05...

Please read and understand before responding...;)

ceara19

baystategirl said:
That is NOT what she said! She wants child support from the time he STOPPED supporting his child...Oct. 05...

Please read and understand before responding...;)
Better yet, he needs to STOP replying all together.

I meant to erase that last part but I didn't get a chance to that everybody is jumping on me about. I went back and edited it to what I really wanted it to say. But she's still not intitled to half his taxes after living with him and him supporting his kid and her for well over half the year.

NotSoNew

you will only get back child support from the day you filed

no he will not have to pay you back any of his taxes, be lucky you got 500 bucks.

Just Blue

tphillips357 said:
I meant to erase that last part but I didn't get a chance to that everybody is jumping on me about. I went back and edited it to what I really wanted it to say. But she's still not intitled to half his taxes after living with him and him supporting his kid and her for well over half the year.
The reason that everyone is jumping on you about your posts...is because you are posting incomplete or just plain wrong answers!! Don't post unless YOU KNOW THE WHOLE ANSWER FOR THE STATE the OP is in...It's okay to sit back and read too...that way you will learn...Also google is your friend!! ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">