• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uncovered medicla bills and emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rooster0330

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj

My daughter was emancipated May 1, I have some uncovered medical bills from before that date and after.

Can I take my ex-husband back to court for his share of these bills or is it a mute point being that she is emancipated.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nj

My daughter was emancipated May 1, I have some uncovered medical bills from before that date and after.
Why after?

rooster0330 said:
Can I take my ex-husband back to court for his share of these bills or is it a mute point being that she is emancipated.
Does your court order state that he has to pay a share? If so, then you could send them to him for his share. If he refuses after you do that, then you could take him to court.

mistoffolees

Does your court order state that he has to pay a share? If so, then you could send them to him for his share. If he refuses after you do that, then you could take him to court.
But only the ones from before daughter's emancipation. If she was emancipated, she's an adult and responsible for her own bills (unless the court order says something different).

Silverplum

But only the ones from before daughter's emancipation. If she was emancipated, she's an adult and responsible for her own bills (unless the court order says something different).
VERY TRUE.

I meant to be clear about that, and failed miserably. :eek: Ugh!

Thank you for clarifying. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">