• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Understanding Wording in Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cainlord

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ND

For the judgement I have, I am alittle unclea (or at least think a I am unclear) on what the following sections means, can someone just give me a quick laymens breakdown, the bolded section is what is getting me.

The child support shall terminate when the child reaches the age of majority (or completes high school whichever occurs last if a or b) as follows:
a. The child is enrolled and attending high school and is 18 years of age prior to the date the child is expected to be graduated; and
b. The child resided with the person to whom the duty of support is owed or otherwise receives assistance under the Training, Education, Employment, and Management program or equivalent program (through someone other than the Defendant’s grant) or foster care from a county social service board.
c. Regardless of a and b not past age 19 without order from the Court.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ND

For the judgement I have, I am alittle unclea (or at least think a I am unclear) on what the following sections means, can someone just give me a quick laymens breakdown, the bolded section is what is getting me.
Basically, what it is saying is that child support is still owed until age 19 as long as the child is either still in high school, part of a job training program or in foster care. However if they are no longer in one of those and have reached 18, it stops then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">