• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bononos

What is the name of your state?
OH
Any idea on how to find out if someone is collecting unemployment and have that garnished for support?
Ex was fired 2 weeks ago. So, of course no support this month. The arrears were already set at around $3,000.
I want to attach his unemployment if he's collecting.
Do I just contact CSE or Domestics?

Gracie3787

bononos said:
What is the name of your state?
OH
Any idea on how to find out if someone is collecting unemployment and have that garnished for support?
Ex was fired 2 weeks ago. So, of course no support this month. The arrears were already set at around $3,000.
I want to attach his unemployment if he's collecting.
Do I just contact CSE or Domestics?

It would be a good idea to contact both, but start with CSE. I believe that if a person is fired with good reason, they cannot collect unemployment. So it's possible that they aren't able to collect, but it's definately worth checjing into.

NotSoNew

also it normally takes 4 - 6 weeks at least, from the date you file, to get any thing from unemplyment if he is eligible......

bononos

Thanks!
One more...
Can he modify the support oredr in OH since he was fired?
OR
Will the amount stay the same because of his earning capacity?

PS. the order is under $150 a month and that includes $ to arrears.
He was earning $16.00/hr.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">