• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfit Mother?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xxBri123xx

What is the name of your state?FL

my (now 19 yr old) sister has given birth to a baby boy. He is now 10 months old. She lives with my mom, and works at walmart. She won't get daycare for her son because she refuses to trust other people with her child, and she won't go to a family care place to help her get on her feet and her and her son into an aprtment. Her boyfriend refuses to take any part in this childs life, and lives 2 hours away, doesn't pay child support (in which she doesn't want him to either). My mom is moving out of her house and she needs my sister to be out tomorrow. Recently she has been dropping her son off for very, very long periods of time saying her boss has been putting all of these hours on her and she needs them (mainly because she hasn't been going to work, using poor excuses such as she is tired). Well lately she has been dropping him off and leaving him here for way too long while she is at "work". IE: she dropped him off Thursday 9am- and my mom picked him up at 9pm, Friday she went to my school pulled me out of school and had me watch him from 10 am to 2pm the next day. All this time she says she is at work, on her days off she drops her son off over at my house, he is always filthy, not down right gross visibly but sometimes not having a bath for 3 days...sometimes he just smells because the clothes she drops him off in are the ones she picked him up in a few days before, dirt on his legs and in his finger nails. Ok now onto my real question...well since she was working ALL of the hours (15-18 hrs a day at WM) we went down there today after time after time of calling her work and her not coming to the phone, she wasn't even there and it turns out she was at some guys house and has been lying to my mom and me so she can go sleep with him. She does not provide anything for her son, and honestly I am very worried. IS there any possible way my mom can get custody of him because there is no way he will have a life with her, with all of this help in her life she lies to everyone to drop of her son so she can go screw around, not go to work and not look for a place to stay which is what she is supposed to be doing in the firs place.

RosieSue

Unfit Mother

Texas

If your Mother is truly interested in seeking custody of the child which will include taking her daughter to court unless daughter is agreeable to the new custody agreement, she should contact Child Protective Services to start documenting the neglect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">