• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uninsured Health Insurance Expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Me1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

If my seperation agreement states whenever one party pays any uninsured medical or dental bill, the other party will promptly, within 30 days, reimburse him or her for his or her share of such payment upon presentment of the bill, does this mean a bill from March 2011 that has not been paid and I get the bill July 2011 from my ex, that I have 30 days to pay it even though she hasn't paid her half? Does she have 30 days from the date of services or even from the first bill to notify me as well?

Silverplum

If my seperation agreement states whenever one party pays any uninsured medical or dental bill, the other party will promptly, within 30 days, reimburse him or her for his or her share of such payment upon presentment of the bill,
Okay -- all of your answers are right there.

Just Me1 said:
does this mean a bill from March 2011 that has not been paid and I get the bill July 2011 from my ex, that I have 30 days to pay it even though she hasn't paid her half? Does she have 30 days from the date of services or even from the first bill to notify me as well?
What it means is that you have 30 days to reimburse her, starting the day she gives it to you.

Just Me1

Ok so even though it states whenever one party pays and she hasn't paid anything on the bill I need to pay my part regardless within 30 days of when she gives me the bill. Hope it is ok to pay the doctor instead of her since she hasn't paid anything yet???

LdiJ

If my seperation agreement states whenever one party pays any uninsured medical or dental bill, the other party will promptly, within 30 days, reimburse him or her for his or her share of such payment upon presentment of the bill, does this mean a bill from March 2011 that has not been paid and I get the bill July 2011 from my ex, that I have 30 days to pay it even though she hasn't paid her half? Does she have 30 days from the date of services or even from the first bill to notify me as well?
The way that reads to me is that she has no deadline to give you the bill, but you have 30 days from receiving it to give her your half.

She shouldn't give you the bill until she knows for sure what the insurance has covered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">